Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Mike 'The Situation' Sorrentino reveals he was in 'a really bad place' amid difficult battle with addiction

2023-11-16 03:15
Mike 'The Situation' Sorrentino, who is currently on his road to recovery, said 'I was broke. I was unemployed and I was depressed'
Mike 'The Situation' Sorrentino reveals he was in 'a really bad place' amid difficult battle with addiction

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Mike 'The Situation' Sorrentino candidly spoke about his battle with addiction and how his mother and wife helped him on his road to recovery.

The reality TV star shared the harrowing details of his heroin addiction as he said, "I was in a really bad place."

Mike Sorrentino reveals how he began the use of heroin

Speaking to ABC's Stephanie Ramos, the 41-year-old shared the details of how he began the use of heroin.

"I was broke. I was unemployed. I was months behind on my rent and I was depressed. I was looking to just cope some prescription painkillers," Sorrentino told People's exclusive broadcast clip.

"That’s what I was looking to do. He said, ‘Don’t worry Mike, I got you. Come pick me up,'" he said.

However, the 41-year-old returned home with heroin instead of his usual painkillers and he has now "vowed he would never do" heroin.

"I told myself, 'Maybe I’ll just try it.' So I locked my door and told [wife] Lauren that I was going to sleep for the night and that I wanted to be alone. So I just took a little key bump of it and I tried it," he said.

"So then I went in for another key bump and at that very moment my phone rings. It was my mother. And my mom’s like, 'Are you okay?' She had a feeling. And I said, 'I’m fine Mom, why?' She goes, 'I feel like something’s wrong,'" he added.

Mike Sorrentino recalls 'come-to-God moment' after his mother's call

Sorrentino further talked about the "come-to-God moment" in his life after his mother's call amid his addiction struggle.

"I took that as a message from the Almighty and I put it down. And as I hung up the phone, knock on the door — a second angel," the New Jersey native recalled.

"My wife was knocking at the door. So this is a very emotional moment for me. They saved me," he further said.

Sorrentino, who gained popularity as a self-proclaimed "guido" on Jersey Shore and had a lifestyle that "practically destroyed" him, battled his addiction to prescription painkillers.

Mike Sorrentino is working to spread awareness about substance abuse

Sorrentino is now dedicated to making an impact on individuals in the sober community after four years of sobriety.

The 'Jersey Shore: Family Vacation' star and his wife partnered with Banyan Treatment Centers in 2019 "to spread awareness about substance abuse and the disease of addiction."

"Also, we want to shed light on the fact that there are positive stories out there — we do recover," he told People at the time.

"Most importantly, the comeback is truly greater than the setback," Sorrentino added.

Tags news