Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Russell Peters backs Joe Rogan’s definition of ‘cancel culture’: ‘They tried to peg him as a racist'

2023-11-30 19:48
Joe Rogan has been under constant scrutiny due to his opinions about cancel culture
Russell Peters backs Joe Rogan’s definition of ‘cancel culture’: ‘They tried to peg him as a racist'

AUSTIN, TEXAS: Joe Rogan, host of 'JRE' podcast outspoken on various topics, faces 'cancel culture'. However, stand-up legend Russell Peters came in to defend Rogan’s image.

For context, as per Cambridge dictionary, 'Cancel Culture' is a way of behaving in a society or group, especially on social media, in which it is common to completely reject and stop supporting someone because they have said or done something that offends you.

Joe Rogan describes 'cancel culture'

Joe Rogan appeared in an interview in 2022 where he explained what ‘cancel culture’ is all about. He claimed that the culture involves silencing people who like to express themselves. However, sometimes these expressions can end up getting people upset, and that’s where this culture takes.

He said, "It’s like, you can get someone fired! Like, if you decide that you’re gonna pile on to someone because you don’t like what they said or what they did, you can get them fired." He also mentioned that it is a novel thing in today’s times, and that it is a very forceful thing to do. He added, "That’s a new thing in history."

"In some ways, it’s like, it’s forcing people to get their sh*t together,When you get popular enough that you could spend your whole day wondering about other people’s opinion… You’ll literally go insane,” said the 56-year-old.

However, Joe Rogan advised against allowing these remarks made by users on social media to consume one's thoughts.Rather, they ought to try to utilise the time they have more effectively.

“It’s not good for you. It’s like, you don’t have any time for that. Your time is precious,”Joe Rogan has discussed a multitude of sensitive topics on the JRE podcast.

Russell Peters supports Joe Rogan

A fellow comedian and stand-up legend, Russell Peters, came out to support the 56-year-old, claiming that Rogan is not that type of person.

He said, “That was serious bullsh*t, and they tried to peg him as a racist,” said Peters. He revealed he had a cordial relationship with Joe Rogan and has met his family on multiple occasions.

He added, “I know him very, very well. I’ve been to his house, I know his wife, I know his kids. I know everything. This is not the guy you’re trying to paint him out to be."

Tags news