Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Who is Carlos Santana's wife? Music legend apologizes after making 'anti-trans' comments during concert

2023-08-25 16:56
Carlos Santana faced severe backlash when he gave an impromptu speech during a concert saying there were only two genders
Who is Carlos Santana's wife? Music legend apologizes after making 'anti-trans' comments during concert

ATLANTIC CITY, NEW JERSEY: Carlos Santana recently shared his thoughts about transgender people during a concert, echoing the belief that there are only two genders.

The star, who has been married to Cindy Blackman since 2010, made these remarks at a show in Atlantic City, New Jersey.

"When God made you and me, before we came out of the womb, you know who you are and what you are," he reportedly said during the show, per the Daily Mail.

He added, "A woman is a woman and a man is a man. That's it."

However, Santana later issued an apology for his "insensitive comments."

He said, "I realize that what I said hurt people and that was not my intent. I sincerely apologize to the transgender community and everyone I offended."

He added, "Here is my personal goal that I strive to achieve every day."

Who is Cindy Blackman?

Cindy Blackman is an American Jazz and Rock drummer, known for her exceptional skills and contributions to music. She has collaborated with various renowned artistes, bands and has a successful solo career.

Born on November 18, 1959, in Yellow Springs, Ohio, Blackman grew up with a passion for drumming.

She honed her musical skills by studying at the Hartt School of Music and the Berklee College of Music.

In 1993, she secured a pivotal role as the drummer for Lenny Kravitz, embarking on an 18-year-long journey of touring with him.

During her time on the road, she crossed paths with Santana and performed alongside him. Their musical connection eventually blossomed into a personal one, leading to Santana proposing to her on stage during a performance in July 2010.

Their love story culminated in marriage on December 19, 2010, at the Ritz-Carlton on Maui.

"Cindy is a match with everything that I am, from fire of passion to vulnerability. Everything tastes better when you share it with your soul mate," Santana told People at the time of the wedding.

Who is Carlos Santana's first wife?

Blackman is not Santana's first wife. Prior to their relationship, he was married to Deborah King for over 30 years.

Born on January 30, 1951, King is the daughter of renowned blues musician Saunders King.

She earned her degree from the California Institute of Integral Studies and holds a Master of Arts in Philosophy and Religion with a focus on Women’s Spirituality. She is a social justice activist.

She married Santana in 1973 and share three children, Salvador, Stella, and Angelica.

King filed for divorce from Santana in 2007, citing irreconcilable differences.

Interestingly, in her 2005 memoir titled 'Space Between the Stars', she candidly depicted her husband as being unfaithful, per The Hollywood Reporter.

After the book was published, Santana admitted he made mistakes.

He said, "I sincerely apologized to her and to my kids when I wasn’t in my right mind and did something hurtful. It has helped me become more humble and to try harder to be the man she wants me to be."