Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'I think more of his birthday': Paul Walker's brother Cody reflects on how he chooses to 'celebrate his brother's life'

2023-12-01 08:56
Paul Walker died in a tragic car crash at the age of 40 on November 30, 2013
'I think more of his birthday': Paul Walker's brother Cody reflects on how he chooses to 'celebrate his brother's life'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Paul Walker's youngest brother Cody Walker is reflecting on how he chooses to celebrate his brother's life on his birthday and not the date of his death.

On the 10th anniversary of the tragic car crash in which the 'Fast & Furious' actor died at the age of 40 on November 30, 2013, Cody opened up about his profound grief over the death of his brother.

Cody Walker 'concentrates' more on Paul Walker's birthday

Speaking to People, Cody talked about not trying to "dwell" on the date Paul died. "To be completely honest with you, the date that I dwell more on every year is his birthday. Maybe that's more of my mechanism that I use," stated Cody.

"Obviously, I'm very aware of November 30, but it's not the day that I choose to dwell on," he said, adding "I concentrate more on September 12. That's where me, my family, close friends, we all reach out to each other."

"I don't highlight that date. I hate that date," Cody said of the day Paul died, adding "I think more of his birthday. That's when I think of him."

Cody Walker recalls late brother Paul Walker's wish to help people

As a way of honoring his brother's legacy, Cody is actively involved in FuelFest, live car events that tour the world, donating a portion of the proceeds to Paul's nonprofit, Reach Out WorldWide.

Cody told the outlet that the organization reflects Paul's hands-on approach to philanthropy.

"He was like, 'No, I want to get in there and I want to help. I don't want to be part of some big old PR campaign or anything like that. I want to go to Haiti," Cody recalled.

"I want to go help the people there. I want to go to Chile. I want to go to the Philippines, and I want to help,'" he added.

Meadow Walker's heartfelt tribute to her father Paul Walker

Sharing a clip of herself hugging her father Paul, Meadow took to Instagram to share a tribute to him on the tenth anniversary of his death.

"10 years without you... I love you forever," the 25-year-old captioned the post on Thursday, November 30.

In another tribute to her father in September on what would have been his 50th birthday, Meadow wrote, "Happy birthday to my guardian angel."

"Thank you for your love, guidance, friendship, sunshine and for raising me to see all of the beauty in the world. You are the most kind, humble, generous and caring soul I know," she wrote.

"You taught me at a young age to always treat everyone with respect, to do good and to take care of our planet. I love you and miss you every day," she continued.

Tags news