Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Mindy Kaling playfully rebukes Hoda Kotb after 'Today' host grills actress about prom experience

2023-10-04 16:54
Jenna Bush Hager and Hoda Kotb welcomed Mindy Kaling to the show to discuss her book publishing company 'Mindy's Book Studio'
Mindy Kaling playfully rebukes Hoda Kotb after 'Today' host grills actress about prom experience

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: ‘Today’ host Hoda Kotb was at the receiving end of some playful teasing from guest Mindy Kaling after the NBC host asked some head-turning questions on live TV.

This happened on Monday, October 2, as Kaling appeared on ‘Today’ to talk about her book publishing company.

She further divulged details about motherhood, when she decided she wanted to become a parent, and being open to love, and also played ‘Never Have I Ever!’ with ‘Today with Hoda and Jenna’ hosts Kotb and Jenna Bush Hager.

Mindy Kaling's banter with Hoda Kotb

During a ‘Today’ segment on Monday, Jenna Bush Hager and Hoda Kotb welcomed Mindy Kaling to discuss her book publishing company, where she supports writers of color in getting their books published.

During the conversation, after Hager inquired about romance in Kaling’s life, Kotb posed a question that surprised Kaling.

"Were you kind of nerdy in high school? What was your vibe?" Kotb asked.

Kaling responded with humor, saying, "How dare you? How dare you even ask the question," all while trying to suppress a smile.

In response to Kotb’s question about her high school experience, Kaling humorously interjected, "Speaking as one—," before playfully quipping, "I was popular and cool."

However, she went on to provide a candid response, acknowledging, "No, yes, I was a huge nerd, so books were my escape. Well, books were— I don't think you guys were nerdy, but ..."

Kotb and Hager responded that they were.

‘Today’ hosts on school prom

Toward the end of the segment, Hoda Kotb and Jenna Bush Hager played ‘Never Have I Ever’ with guest Mindy Kaling.

During the conversation, Hager raised her hand and shared that she didn't attend her prom, while Kotb also raised her hand and admitted that she had a similar experience.

Hager asked Kaling, "Did you go to prom?"

Kaling confirmed that she did attend prom. To this, Hager humorously replied, "Well, then we've got you beat in the nerd department."

Kaling, in jest, responded, "I didn't know I was going to stunt on Hoda and Hager this morning by saying that I went to prom."

Kotb then asked, "You did go?" to which Kaling confirmed that she indeed attended both junior and senior proms.

Curious about the details, Kotb inquired, "Wait, did you get asked or did you ask him?"

Once again, Kaling playfully responded, "How dare you?"

Kotb went on to explain that she and Hager had to ask someone to the prom. However, Kaling revealed that she was asked to both proms.

This led to some lighthearted banter, with Kotb jokingly commenting, "You were really cool," and Kaling humorously acknowledging the change in dynamics, saying, "I love this reversal that has taken place, where somehow I have a lot of status here."