Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Why is Bobby Berk quitting 'Queer Eye' after Season 8? Internet roots for 'favorite' host's next venture

2023-11-14 11:54
'Queer Eye' star Karamo Brown 'heartbroken' over host Bobby Berk's exit from show
Why is Bobby Berk quitting 'Queer Eye' after Season 8? Internet roots for 'favorite' host's next venture

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Bobby Berk, one of the five co-hosts of the popular Netflix series 'Queer Eye', has announced his departure from the show after Season 8, citing it as a 'necessary' decision.

On Monday, November 13, the home designer broke the news of his departure from the show on social media.

Berk wrote in the caption, "To the Queer Eye Community who have become family to me. The love that I have received from you all over the last 6 years has been absolutely surreal. You have tuned in and been dedicated fans and together we were able to share the healing powers of design."

He added, "I learned from you all about kindness, love, and acceptance and that has changed my life for the better. The way you have embraced me and accepted me for who I am is something that l will truly carry with me for the rest of my life."

Berk even mentioned how throughout the show, many fans reached out to him and told him how he impacted their lives.

He continued, "I could not be more grateful to each and every one of you for being brave enough to share your experiences."

Berk added, “It’s with a heavy heart that I announce that Season 8 will be my final season on ‘Queer Eye.' It’s not been an easy decision to be at peace with, but a necessary one."

"Although my journey with ‘Queer Eye’ is over, my journey with you is not. You will be seeing more of me very soon. I love you all so so much and I’ll meet you all in Nola for one final season. #foreverthefab5,” he concluded.

Soon after, Internet users rushed to X, formerly known as Twitter, to share their thoughts on Berk's exit.

One user penned, "Oh no! Show is not going to be the same without you, Bobby ! But we will be rooting for you in your next venture." Another user quipped, "Bobby nooooooo! Whatever will we do without you?"

Followed by a user who wrote, "ok but even though i’m v sad you won’t be on queer eye i am v excited for your journey and the next chapter/stage. i can’t wait to see where it takes you and what you do! love you bobby. you taught us so much."

An internet user added, "Crying but I hope you’re onto bigger and better." An X user said, "Not my favorite one leaving!!!"

An internet user wrote, "I’m sorry, @bobbyberk is irreplaceable."

Bobby Berk won an Emmy for 'Queer Eye'

Berk has won an Emmy award for hosting the Netflix's popular show 'Queer Eye.' Over the years, the show has won a total of 10 Emmys, five of which were for outstanding structured reality programs from 2018-2022.

During his time on the show, Berk served as the interior home expert who helped many lucky contestants to transform their homes.

Berk has been a member of the show 'Queer Eye' right from its debut in the year 2018. Along with him, the series also stars Tan France, Karamo, Antoni Porowski, and Jonathan Van Ness.

Netflix renews 'Queer Eye' for Season 9

The streaming giant Netflix has given a green light to 'Queer Eye' Season 9. In the ninth season of the series, we will see the Fab 5 moving from New Orleans to Las Vegas.

In a statement issued, ITV Entertainment, Scout Productions, and Netflix said, "We appreciate the heart and dedication Bobby Berk brought to ‘Queer Eye’ over eight amazing seasons. He will always be a member of the Fab Five family and we wish him the very best."

'Queer Eye' star Karamo breaks his silence over Bobby Berk's exit

Karamo has finally broken his silence on his fellow 'Queer Eye' castmate Bobby Berk's exit from the show.

On November 13, he took to his Instagram page and shared his heartfelt thoughts on Berk's departure after Season 8. He posted a couple of solo pictures of Berk along with one picture of the Fab 5 on his Instagram page.

The 'Queer Eye' star shared, "With todays announcement date of the new Season (8) of Queer Eye… My heart is broken that season 8 will be @bobby ’s last on Queer Eye!"

Karamo who plays the role of a culture expert on the show couldn't help but rave over Berk. He added, "He is magic in what he designs and how he makes us all feel. #ForeverTheFab5"

What to expect from 'Queer Eye' Season 8?

In the upcoming Season 8 of the show 'Queer Eye', the Fab 5 will be seen doing their very best to improve the life situation of some people. It will be Berk's final season on the show.

'Queer Eye' is one of the most wholesome shows on Netflix and that's why it has won the hearts of the audience over the years. The eighth season of the show has been filmed in New Orleans, Louisiana.

'Queer Eye' Season 8 is all set to premiere on January 24, 2024 on Netflix.

Tags news