Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Marilyn Manson avoids trial as he settles lawsuit over sexual assault and abuse allegations

2023-10-01 03:45
However, the agreement reached on the settlement is yet to be made public
Marilyn Manson avoids trial as he settles lawsuit over sexual assault and abuse allegations

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Marilyn Manson has decided to settle a lawsuit over sexual assault just before the trial begins.

The rock musician, whose real name is Brian Warner, reached an agreement with the alleged victim on Wednesday, September 27, in the Superior Court of California in Los Angeles.

“Brian is pleased that, just as previous lawsuits were abandoned without payment or settled for pennies on the dollar, this plaintiff has now agreed to drop her suit in exchange for an insurance payment representing a fraction of her demands and far less than the cost to Brian of proceeding to trial," said Manson’s attorney Howard King.

However, the agreement reached on the settlement is yet to be made public.

What did the accuser say after reaching a settlement?

As per Rolling Stone, the alleged victim called Jane Doe in the filing, mentions that Manson threatened to ‘bash her head’ if she goes to the police.

In a statement, she told the outlet, “I was fully prepared for trial and never in a million years thought I would ever settle, but over the past two-and-a-half years I have silently endured threats, bullying, harassment and various forms of intimidation that have intensified over the past few weeks.”

Doe further said, “I was forced to answer seven hours of aggressive questioning with him staring at me from across the table. I’ve been told that this almost never happens, as it’s cruel, and that a main reason for it would be to intimidate and inflict emotional distress on a victim.”

Marilyn Manson attorney's response on victim's statement

Hitting back at Doe’s statement, King told People, “A little honesty is long overdue. If this individual had actually wanted to share her story, she could have done so in front of a jury next week. Instead, as soon as the facts came out, showing that her case was meritless, she settled for pennies on the dollar.”

“As a result, since we wholeheartedly support her freedom to tell her story, we would be thrilled, with her permission, to release the full transcript of her deposition under oath, including the provocative emails and materials she sent to Mr Warner after the alleged assaults, so that everyone else can know the truth as well,” he went on.

Manson has faced several accusers who claimed they were sexually abused by the artist. This included actress Esme Bianco, who settled her April 2021 lawsuit, in January.

If you or someone you know has been sexually assaulted, please contact the National Sexual Assault Hotline at 1-800-656-HOPE (4673) or go to rainn.org.

Tags news