Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'Below Deck Down Under': Why are fans raging over Joao Franco's return? Bravo star dubbed 'douche' as he makes a comeback

2023-08-15 10:45
'Below Deck Down Under' Season 2's new Bosun Joao Franco dubbed 'womanizer' by fellow mates
'Below Deck Down Under': Why are fans raging over Joao Franco's return? Bravo star dubbed 'douche' as he makes a comeback

CAIRNS, AUSTRALIA: 'Below Deck Down Under' Season 2 has brought back an old face on the show. Joao Franco has returned to Bravo after being featured in 'Below Deck Mediterranean' for a long time.

However, it seems Joao's return to the franchise is not much cheered by the fans. Knowing that Joao does not have a pleasant history with the cast members of the show, many dubbed the new entry a "prick."

Joao has a troubled history with Aesha Scott and chef Tzarina Mace-Ralph. This makes many wonder whether the new Bosun will try to repaint his reputation in the new season.

'Below Deck Down Under' fans dub new Bosun Joao Franco 'condescending'

'Below Deck Down Under' fans are not much happy as the producers replace Luke Jones exit with the entry of Joao. Knowing his troubled history with the 'Below Deck' cast members, fans raged, slamming the new Bosun on social media.

A fan tweeted, "I cannot stand Joao." Another claimed, "João is total douche. I’m surprised he’s back unless it’s just to create drama since the toxic predators are gone."

Another called out the Bosun, "Well I see Joao is still a f**king a**hole! He’s definitely coming in hot everyone ALREADY hates him!! This should be fun!" "Joao sucks," wrote another. A fan claimed, "Guess I’m on an island not thinking Joao is a prick - sorry not sorry."

Will Joao Franco redeem himself on 'Below Deck Down Under' Season 2?

Joao's deeds were not much appreciated when the star was in 'Below Deck Med.' He was slammed for condescending Aesha.

Moreover, Joao has had a past with one of Tzarina's best friends. The new bosun has been dubbed by his fellow mates as a "womanizer."

Will he try to redeem his characteristic by showing his good side on the show.

A fan wonder, "Will João redeem himself this season?" Another claimed, "How do you know? From the previews he sounded like the same old Joao. Big jacka**! Didn’t like him then and I doubt he’s changed enough to change my mind. He talks to and treats women like too. May not be a predator but he’s a male chauvinist."

Who is Joao Franco?

Joao Franco is a Zimbabwe native. He is half Zimbabwean ad half Portuguese.

The new Bosun was previously in 'Below Deck Med.' He left the show in Season 4 and took the job of being a Captain.

He once again returns to Bravo's yachting show hoping to catch up with bigger opportunities. Joao has had 6 years of yachting and 4 years of captaining experience.

Let us further wait to see whether Joao will be able to change the perspective of fans about his personality or not.

'Below Deck Down Under' Season 2's new episodes release every Monday and Thursday at 8 pm ET on Bravo.