Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Soccer star Ashlyn Harris denies cheating on ex-wife Ali Krieger with Sophia Bush as she breaks silence on divorce

2023-11-19 20:47
Taking to social media, Ashlyn Harris issued a statement regarding her divorce from Ali Krieger and addressed the online hate she has received
Soccer star Ashlyn Harris denies cheating on ex-wife Ali Krieger with Sophia Bush as she breaks silence on divorce

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Soccer star Ashlyn Harris recently addressed her split from fellow former USWNT teammate Ali Krieger, dismissing the cheating rumors. Their split came to light in October, and Harris is now reportedly dating actress Sophia Bush.

According to JustJared, the couple attended Mariah Carey's Los Angeles Christmas concert together on Friday night, November 17.

The cheating rumors surfaced after Krieger mentioned that she was in her "Beyonce lemonade era," a song that deals with claims of infidelity, in an Instagram post.

Ashlyn Harris addresses the 'darkness' in her relationship with Ali Krieger

Ashlyn Harris took to Instagram on Saturday, November 18, to post a lengthy statement and wrote, "Several weeks ago, a process that had been ongoing privately for some time became public. Ending a relationship after almost 13 years of friendship, teammate-ship, marriage, and co-parenting (many of them good years) is a decision that was not made lightly."

She added, "We agreed to center our children, continue therapy, separate, and to move forward with our lives. Two happy families are always better than one unhappy one. This process is never easy, but we were making our way through."

"We planned to keep this information private... a leak made that impossible. The online hate that has happened since has been one of the most personally devastating experiences of my life. I know that it is best practice in the world of online gossip not to feed the beast," continued Harris.

She further mentioned, "For weeks I have tried to take this advice... and what I've experienced has been devastating for my mental health. Words matter. The cheering on abuse, the people clamoring to encourage me to commit suicide and the cruel words spoken about my children and who I am as a mother? Those words matter."

"People have run with a narrative that's unbearably painful. Not all marriages last forever. Ours did not. For many reasons. And while I understand that the false narrative about why might feel juicer [sic] or make a better headline, they are simply not true," said the soccer star.

"Let me be clear: I did not step out on my marriage. I was always faithful in my marriage, if not always totally happy. Like in many partnerships, there was work and therapy and processing done. None of this happened on a whim," asserted Harris about the cheating rumors.

She expressed, "What has made this complex and difficult experience harder than I could have imagined is to have had an entire community turn on me while I've been moving through this. I've spent my whole career trying to build an inclusive space where people can show up as themselves and be safe."

"That legacy has mattered more to me than anything I ever did on the pitch. Right now, it feels like the entire community has poured gasoline on me and lit the matches," stated Harris.

She added, "Despite this current darkness, there have been years of love between us. And our kids are the best part of it all. They deserve two healthy and happy parents, and that's what matters most. We are all in pain."

"I share all of this to remind people that bullying anyone about a personal decision, especially when that bullying is rooted in lies, really hurts," noted the retired professional athlete.

Harris concluded, "I'm hoping that instead of continuing this cruelty you can remember the simple truth that I'm a human being, a mom, and a good person just trying my best. I'd appreciate if you could take a breath and treat me and my family with some humanity."

Ashlyn Harris and Ali Krieger were together for 13 years

Ashlyn Harris and Ali Krieger, both members of the USWNT, met in 2010 during a training camp. They announced their engagement in March 2019 and got married in the same year on December 28 in Miami.

On February 14, 2021, the couple announced they were adopting a daughter. Subsequently, on August 16, 2022, they welcomed their son through adoption.

Harris filed for divorce in Seminole County, Florida, on September 19 this year.

Harris played 25 times as a goalkeeper for the USA, while Krieger made 108 appearances as a defender for the country, with both winning two World Cups in 2015 and 2019.

Recently, Krieger retired from professional soccer, and in her final game, the NWSL Final against OL Reign, her team, Gotham FC, won 2-1, giving her the first-ever title in her club career.

She lifted the trophy in San Diego as the victorious captain, marking a perfect ending to a long and rewarding career.

Tags news