Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

When fitness freak Joe Rogan tried carnivore diet and got diarrhea: 'The fire is coming through the cracks'

2023-06-11 13:24
Joe Rogan once discussed the benefits and drawbacks of his all-meat carnivore diet, while sharing that he had fiery diarrhea
When fitness freak Joe Rogan tried carnivore diet and got diarrhea: 'The fire is coming through the cracks'

AUSTIN, TEXAS: Joe Rogan, a UFC commentator and the host of the popular 'The Joe Rogan Experience' podcast, is a man of many abilities, which includes his career in standup comedy. However, his fans might know that the 55-year-old is also a fitness freak and a great believer in the health benefits of the carnivore diet, having tried it on a few occasions.

In an Instagram post and on his podcast, Rogan outlined the benefits and drawbacks of his all-meat diet. According to him, one of the terrible side effects of his carnivore diet was the chance of getting diarrhea.

'Fire is coming through the cracks'

After starting his journey on the carnivore diet Rogan updated his fans about its effects on his body. Rogan wrote, "Carnivore diet update; the good and the bad. Let’s start with the bad. There’s really only one “bad” thing, and that thing is diarrhea," in an Instagram post. He continued, "I’m not sure diarrhea is an accurate word for it, like I don’t think a shark is technically a fish. It’s a different thing, and with regular diarrhea I would compare it to a fire you see coming a block or two away and you have the time to make an escape, whereas this carnivore diet is like out of nowhere the fire is coming through the cracks, your doorknob is red hot, and all hope is lost." "I haven’t shit my pants yet, but I’ve come to accept that if I keep going with this diet it’s just a matter of time before we lose a battle, and I fill my undies like a rainforest mudslide overtaking a mountain road," Rogan stated.

'I lost a legitimate 12 pounds'

However, Rogan also stated that the diet assisted him in maintaining higher energy levels throughout the day. The podcaster explained in one of the episodes of the 'The Joe Rogan Experience' podcast, where he had comedian Tom Papa as a guest, that a carnivorous diet does not cause the frequent energy dumps associated with carbohydrate-rich foods. He also revealed that the diet helped him fight vitiligo, a skin disorder.

Rogan said, "Nothing would shock your system like this carnivore diet, including your b***hole. But you'll lose a lot of weight. I lost a legitimate 12 pounds of fat; my face got thinner," adding, "If you gonna decide, 'I'm gonna go on a carnivore diet for the next 30 days, starting right now' and you just count down your calendar for the next 30 days, you'll f**king lose weight and you'll feel amazing."

In another episode of his podcast, he featured psychologist Jordan Peterson who elaborated on his use of a modified low-carb carnivore diet to cure sleep apnea, lose weight, and regulate mood. Peterson told Rogan, "I went on a really low-carb diet. I stopped snoring the first week... that just quit and that's a big deal right... because if you snore, you have sleep apnea... Next, I started waking up in the mornings... Then I lost seven pounds the first month... and I had gone a whole year on a sugar-free diet and didn't lose any weight... and my psoriasis disappeared and I had floaters in my right eye and they cleared up."

Tags news epcelebs