Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Michael Strahan 'in awe' after GMA co-host George Stephanopoulos' surprise appearance in 'Jeopardy!'

2023-05-27 13:47
'Who is Stephanopoulos?' was the answer to a question came from the category, Michael J Fox, and was worth $600
Michael Strahan 'in awe' after GMA co-host George Stephanopoulos' surprise appearance in 'Jeopardy!'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: ‘Good Morning America’ host Michael Strahan was left speechless when he found out that his co-host George Stephanopoulos made a surprise appearance in ‘Jeopardy!’ The former White House communications director featured in the recent episode of the game show and was the answer to one of the questions included in the latest episode of ‘Jeopardy! Masters’ tournament.

The question came from the category, Michael J Fox, and was worth $600. Surprisingly, the clue was presented by Fox himself instead of the host, Ken Jennings. Fox asked, “The inspiration for my character in ‘The American President’ was this advisor of Bill Clinton who made a cameo on my sitcom, ‘Spin City’”

READ MORE

Ali Wentworth reminisces her first date with George Stephanopoulos, says 'we were engaged two months later'

George Stephanopoulos and Ali Wentworth fell in love after blind date leading to their 19-year marriage

Stephanopoulos made a 'surprise appearance' on 'Jeopard!'

One of the contestants, James Holzhauer, gave the correct answer by guessing “Who is Stephanopoulos?”

The clip was featured in the recent episode of ‘Good Morning America’ and when the producers cut back to the morning show moderators, Strahan gave Stephanopoulos a compliment by calling him a “million-dollar guy.” “George, you are the answer for the $600 question, [but] I think you're a million dollar question guy myself,” Strahan said.

Fox and Stephanopoulos have been friends since 1994

The conversation move forward with Stephanopoulos sharing an anecdote about how he met the ‘Back to the Future’ star for the first time in the mid-1990s when Fox came to visit then-President Bill Clinton at the White House. The veteran news presenter also noted that Fox and he have been friends since that lovely meeting. "He [Michael] came to the White House, I guess it was 1994, and he came to the Saturday morning radio dressed to meet Bill Clinton. I met him there [and] he brought his little son Sam, and we've been friends ever since,” Stephanopoulos recalled. The segment ended with Strahan watching his co-host in awe, causing Stephanopoulos and Robin Roberts to laugh.

Released in 1995, ‘The American President’ chronicles the journey of President Andrew Shepherd (Michael Douglas), a widower who starts a relationship with environmental lobbyist Sydney Allen Wade (Annette Bening). Apart from pursuing a relationship, Shepherd attempts to win the passage of a crime control bill while preparing to run for reelection. Fox played the role of Lewis Rothschild, Assistant to the President for Domestic Policy, and earned a lot of praise for his acting.

Is Stephanopoulos on a break, again?

It was Stephanopoulos' first appearance on ‘Good Morning America’ following a two-week absence. However, it didn’t take long for the host to take another break and skip the latest episode of ‘Good Morning America’. Ahead of the Memorial Day weekend, Whit Johnson and Juju Chang took their spots at the desk while Strahan continued to lead from the front.