Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'Paying it forward': Charlie Sheen once helped tax-burdened Lindsay Lohan with $100K to clear off IRS debt

2023-06-24 19:47
Charlie Sheen generously gifted the money to Lindsay Lohan who was in trouble for failing to pay taxes in 2009 and 2010
'Paying it forward': Charlie Sheen once helped tax-burdened Lindsay Lohan with $100K to clear off IRS debt

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Pregnant Lindsay Lohan is all set to embark on a new journey into motherhood. An insider said that the 36-year-old actress is "very excited for this next chapter in her life" as she advances toward the later stages of pregnancy, as per People Magazine. The source also noted that the 'Parent Trap' actress has always wanted to be a mother, saying, "Motherhood has always been something that was in the cards for her, but it was a matter of when the time was right and she was ready."

Indeed, Lohan is currently at the heart of domestic bliss, expecting her first child with her husband, Bader Shammas. However, the life of the 'Mean Girls' actress was not always as rosy as it's now, as she had to go through a lot of downward spirals. As every dark cloud has a silver lining, Lohan, too, found a savior in the form of Charlie Sheen, who helped her during a dark phase of her life when she was in dire need of monetary help.

'I got tucked in by Lindsay Lohan'

Lohan and the 'Two and a Half Men' star Sheen met on the set of 'Scary Movie 5', and the duo felt a connection. Recalling the initial days of their friendship, Sheen said in 'The Kyle & Jackie O Show' that the two friends went out partying one night, and what happened rest was just the beginning of a pure friendship. "I invited her over one night ... I out-drank her, or she out-drank me. And she literally tucked me in. I got tucked in by Lindsay Lohan. She kissed me on the cheek and said 'Sleep well, young prince'," said the actor, as reported by the Associated Press.

'Sheen has a long history of helping out his friends in many ways'

However, their friendship was not only limited to wild partying, as the 'Hot Shots!' actor soon proved he is not a fair-weather friend. Forbes reported that Lohan owed "nearly a quarter of a million dollars" to the IRS, which she failed to pay in 2009 and 2010 as her taxes. In this difficult situation, her bank accounts were also seized, but she received a helping hand in the form of the 'Platoon' actor.

Lohan was reportedly given a lump sum amount of $100,000 by Sheen to clear her debt in 2012, as per E! News. The TV star's representative even said, "[Sheen] has a long history of helping out his friends in many ways, and this is just another example of that." Sheen, too confirmed giving her the money as per Yahoo! Entertainment. He, however, jokingly said he was just "paying it forward" after hearing Lohan was receiving just $100,000 for the comedic bedroom scene of 'Scary Movie 5' for which he was receiving $250,000.

What followed next was, however, not a smooth ending to an otherwise heartwarming story. While Sheen made the gift in November 2012, it wasn't until December 2012 that Lohan finally acknowledged the gift and thanked the actor for his generosity. Sheen shared with ET that he didn't receive a 'thank you' from the actress and said, "I'm still waiting for a text to say 'thank you.' Anything, you know?" However, soon after, it was reported by TMZ that Lohan sent a thank you note along with a bouquet to show her gratitude.

Tags news epcelebs