Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

‘Morning Joe’ host Mika Brzezinski opens up about her fear of flying after 9/11

2023-09-24 09:19
Mika Brzezinski looked visibly distressed in a clip she posted ahead of a flight
‘Morning Joe’ host Mika Brzezinski opens up about her fear of flying after 9/11

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: ‘Morning Joe’ host Mika Brzezinski has used her platform ‘Know Your Value’ to share her anxiety and fear around flying, which primarily started after the tragic 9/11 events.

In addition to expressing her fears, Brzezinski also shared how she copes with it because of how often she tends to travel.

After Brzezinski shared her fear and coping mechanisms around flying, her fans rushed to the comment section to thank her for the candid conversation, as they also opened up about how much they could relate to the ‘Morning Joe’ host.

Mika Brzezinski reveals how much she hates flying

On Know Your Value’s official Instagram account, ‘Morning Joe’ host Mika Brzezinski shared a video of her on a flight, looking visibly distressed. The caption read, “Who else hates flying?”

She continued, “I get stressed every time I hear I need to travel — Which is a lot, which means I can be stressed all the time. I’m learning to control these feelings…slowly— Which started after 9/11…I tend to fear everything about flying itself, and planes, and everyone on the plane… Wow, that’s a lot…”

Brzezinski then detailed how she copes, “This is how I cope: I do the math. I remind myself of the math and of the goodness in most people and I breathe. It doesn’t always work…but at the same time, I never give up.”

She further explained, “Meaning, that if I give into the fear and become anxious and start, I circle back to the logic and the assumption that most people have kindness in their hearts.”

She also joked, “If all else fails I scream JOE at the top of my lungs and dig my nails into his arm!🤣🤣”

Fans applaud Mika Brzezinski for being vulnerable

In response to Mika Brzezinski being candid about her fears, one fan commented, “Thanks for posting this! Your acknowledgment of this means so much! You are a treasure.”

Fans have also shared their own struggles with flying as one said, “Not thrilled about flying at all, but I do it,” and another commented, “I appreciate you letting us see this. Flying is weird for me. I understand and do fly, but just always feel nervous.”

“Mika! You are amazing on so many levels,” commented a fourth fan. Another said, “I feel your pain, thank you for this post.”

Fans continued to thank Brzezinski for sharing her “vulnerabilities” through this post as one also wrote, “I don't like flying either. Thank you for showing your vulnerabilities. As a woman over 50, you continue to inspire me.”

Tags news