Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Joe Rogan calls for epic bare-knuckle match between Conor McGregor and Mike Perry: 'Make it happen'

2023-06-23 22:17
Joe Rogan believes Perry vs McGregor will be an epic, high-stakes battle that could 'get a million pay-per-view buys'
Joe Rogan calls for epic bare-knuckle match between Conor McGregor and Mike Perry: 'Make it happen'

AUSTIN, TEXAS: UFC commentator Joe Rogan joined enthusiastic combat sports fans who are eagerly anticipating a showdown between Conor McGregor and Mike Perry in the bare-knuckle boxing ring. Known not only for his commentary role in the UFC but also for hosting 'The Joe Rogan Experience' podcast, Rogan is no stranger to sharing his insights on mixed martial arts and UFC bouts due to his background as a former UFC fighter.

With his extensive experience in the fighting world, Rogan has built a reputation for providing his unique perspective on a range of MMA and UFC fights. His passion for the sport and insider knowledge makes his analysis and commentary highly valued by fans and fellow enthusiasts alike. As anticipation mounts for the potential clash between McGregor and Perry in a bare-knuckle boxing setting, Rogan's enthusiasm is noticeable, further fueling the excitement surrounding this potential matchup.

'That would be f**king bananas'

During a recent episode of the 'JRE' podcast, renowned UFC fighter Perry was invited as a special guest. In the engaging interview, Perry shared intriguing details about his anticipated fight with McGregor. BKFC 41, held in April, proved to be a pivotal event in the history of the promotion. The highlight of the night was a headline bout between Perry and former UFC middleweight champion Luke Rockhold, which ended in a second-round TKO for Perry after he delivered a punch that broke Rockhold's front tooth. Intrigued by the matchup and the presence of these notable fighters, McGregor himself flew out to Denver to witness the action firsthand. His presence led to an impromptu staredown with Perry in the ring, creating an electrifying moment to conclude the event.

Perry stated, "He was moving all over the place, and I stood my ground. I stood so still, and I couldn’t be wavered or moved. He was moving all over the place. I mean, that says that he was free in that moment to do so, obviously. But it was me respectfully calling him out, which shows the professional in martial arts that I have been for so many years. How do you call a man out in a sport that he has a family and you guys want to hurt each other and they can honor it in a fair way and promote it to be entertaining? I mean, everything he does, people watch that s***. So, it was great to have him there. It really boosted the moment for me.”

Rogan contemplated the idea of an actual fight between Perry and McGregor, expressing his belief that such a matchup would be an extraordinary spectacle.

Rogan stated, "If he decided to do that. ... If somehow or another they gave him the green light to do that, I can’t imagine how that could ever happen, but if it did. ... If that happened in a bare-knuckle fight, that would be f****** bananas. He’s a very good kicker, he can do everything, but if somehow or another he agreed to fight bare-knuckle, I mean, Jesus Christ, you know how big that would be? That would be wild. If they did that in bare-knuckle, it would get a million pay-per-view buys at least. Probably more.”

'Make it happen'

After Rogan's enthusiastic anticipation of the showdown between Perry and McGregor, numerous netizens expressed their excitement and shared their perspectives on the matter. One user wrote, "Make it happen Joe! 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉." Another said, "Mike 'The African American Nighmare' Perry, a legend of the sport." A user stated, "I would pay $200 for a Perry vs McGregor Bareknuckle ppv."