Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'Oh, bite me!': Frustrated Whoopi Goldberg snaps at Sunny Hostin as 'The View' co-hosts discuss platonic relationships

2023-06-01 10:16
Whoops Goldberg frustratedly buried her head in her hands, looking down in disbelief after she was cut off by Sarah Haines during the conversation
'Oh, bite me!': Frustrated Whoopi Goldberg snaps at Sunny Hostin as 'The View' co-hosts discuss platonic relationships

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: It is no secret that Whoopi Goldberg is one of the most controversial co-hosts of ‘The View’. With snaps, sighs, and tearing cue cards amongst other things, Goldberg has made quite the impression among the viewers of the popular talk show that has been around for over two decades. The panel often discusses a range of topics, from politics to relationships, and the latest segment saw the hosts discussing platonic friendships.

Without a doubt, platonic friendships are a hot topic amongst people, and definitely between the co-hosts of ‘The View’ as they discuss Apple TV’s latest series ‘Platonic’. As co-hosts Joy Behar, Sunny Hostin, Alyssa Farah Griffin, and Sarah Haines chimed in, Goldberg seemed done with the conversation. Again, this isn’t new behavior for Goldberg, especially among rumors of her being asked to quit. Only this time around, Goldberg snapped at not one, but two co-hosts during a single segment.

Goldberg’s body language gives it away

If there’s one thing Goldberg is, it’s being expressive. Whether that’s with her tone, body language, sighs, or eye rolls. If she is frustrated, one would be extremely aware of it. As the co-hosts discussed platonic friendships, Behar asked, “Can the platonic relationship you have interfere with the romantic relationship you’re having?” Goldberg looked puzzled as she asked Behar to explain. After that, Haines commented, “When you take the sex off the table, whether you’re married, it’s not an option...” but before she could complete her trail of thoughts, Goldberg frustratedly buried her head in her hands, looking down in disbelief. The co-hosts laughed along and so did the audience, but Goldberg didn’t seem impressed.

As the co-hosts continued the discourse on platonic friendships, Goldberg looked disinterested and far away from the conversation. This wouldn’t be the first time Goldberg has excused herself from a conversation that didn’t interest her despite being one of the most senior co-hosts on ‘The View'.

‘Oh, Bite me!’

Goldberg decided to compose herself once again as she hopped back into the platonic friendship conversation to say, “If your husband can’t have a female friend because you don’t trust him, and you can’t have a male friend because he doesn’t trust you, you either know if you can have friends or not.” Before Goldberg could finish her statement, Hostin commented, “Human beings are weak,” and it took Goldberg less than a second to respond, “Oh, bite me!”

As the conversation went on, there were plenty of laughs across the panel and even in the audience as Goldberg chimed in one last time, “I think you either have to trust your better half or not, if you don’t have that trust, then you have bigger problems than who their friends are.” Disinterested or not, Goldberg never misses an opportunity to put her point across the table.