Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

DC Young Fly pays tribute to Jacky Oh, reveals how their three children are coping with her death: 'They are super strong'

2023-06-09 06:23
'I want to make sure I applaud you in the proper manner. Your soul was beautiful,' wrote DC Young Fly referring to Jacky Oh
DC Young Fly pays tribute to Jacky Oh, reveals how their three children are coping with her death: 'They are super strong'

MIAMI, FLORIDA: Former 'Wild 'n Out' star Jacky Oh's longtime partner DC Young Fly paid tribute to her after her unexpected death on May 31. DC Young Fly made his first appearance on the hit show 'Wild 'n Out' in 2015 where he met Jacky Oh.

Citing a since-then deleted Instagram post, TMZ reported that the former television personality had been in Miami for a "mommy makeover" at the time of her death for causes that remain unclear. Jacky Oh and DC Young Fly share three children together, Nova, six, Nala, two, and Prince Nehemiah, 10 months old, according to Entertainment Tonight.

'You are the greatest mother I know'

The TV personality shared a photo on Instagram of him with Jacky Oh during her pregnancy and emotionally wrote that he wanted the news of her death to be a "dream so bad but every hour I’m reminded of reality."

"I want to make sure I applaud you in the proper manner. You are the greatest mother I know. Your soul was beautiful. You always wanted the best for others and I admired how our family loves each other!!!" DC Young captioned the post.

Talking about how their children are coping with her death, he wrote, "Never had to worry about our children loving each other 'cause you were on top of that!!! You know we are God-fearing and we are grounded by the spirit. We never question the higher power. We roll with the punches and continue to live righteously. Will always tell our children how much an amazing person you were especially a great mother!!!"

DC Young Fly wrote that he and their family will "continue to pray" and go on holding onto their faith. "Love you forever and our children are super strong they helping me with my tranquility no Kap," he continued. "You with me forever the queen of my children will always have a spot in my heart and the paradise. Just know we going harder than ever and God is in control and he got us covered," he concluded the post.

'A talented family member whose impact will be forever treasured'

Confirming Jacky Oh's death, a BET Media Group spokesperson issued a statement on Instagram on Thursday, June 1. "We are deeply saddened by the passing of Jacklyn Smith, known to the world as Jacky Oh, a talented 'Wild 'n Out' family member whose impact will be forever treasured and missed," read the post.

"Jacky Oh was a loving friend and beloved colleague of the 'Wild 'n Out' cast throughout five seasons. More importantly, she was a tremendous mother to three beautiful children," the BET Media Group wrote on the MTV 'Wild 'n Out' account on Instagram.

"The BET Media Group extends our sincere condolences to the Smith family, DC Young Fly, B Simone, Nick Cannon, and all friends who loved and cared for Jacky Oh during this difficult time," the post concluded.

Tags news