Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Did Bergie's grandfather approve of Taylor Smith? 'Love Island USA' Season 5 star's family's opinion left islanders disheartened

2023-08-25 10:54
'Love Island USA' Season 5 star Carsten 'Bergie' Bergersen's grandfather shared his opinion about his relationship with Taylor Smith
Did Bergie's grandfather approve of Taylor Smith? 'Love Island USA' Season 5 star's family's opinion left islanders disheartened

PACIFIC HARBOUR, FIJI: 'Love Island USA' Season 5 finale is almost here and it's time for the contestants' families' approval and rejections. In the latest episode of the Peacock show, the islanders received video messages from their respective families and friends.

Carsten 'Bergie' Bergersen's grandfather shared some serious words that could affect his relationship with Taylor Nicole Smith. Bergie's grandfather shared his true opinion about Taylor in the video message.

The video started with Bergie's grandparents introducing themselves as Grandma Sandy and Grandpa Bergie.

Bergie's grandfather told his grandson, "Bergie you are just doing things I never thought you would do and the one thing is using foul language and kissing girls."

Bergie's grandpa further noted, "Taylor is a beautiful woman but I have some reservations because I haven't seen spontaneous chemistry between the two of you." Bergie's grandfather added, "It looks more or less forced."

Bergie's grandfather's opinion about Taylor left her disheartened. She burst into tears during her confessional and admitted, "I do want people to see that I genuinely do feel a connection. How does that make you feel all I want to be is accepted."

Taylor Smith's family loves Carsten 'Bergie' Bergersen

Although Carsten 'Bergie' Bergersen's family didn't like Taylor Smith, the 'Love Island USA' islander's family had the opposite reaction. Taylor's mother loved Bergie and happily approved of their relationship.

However, Taylor's mother wasn't the only one who gave the green light to the couple. Bergie's grandmother Sandy also gave approval to their relationship.

She noted, "Carsten I think Taylor has been very good for you." Grandma Sandy further noted, "She's giving you reassurance in different areas, trying to teach you the skills of being with a woman. I like her a lot."

Will Carsten 'Bergie' Bergersen split with Taylor Smith?

Carsten 'Bergie' Bergersen's grandpa's opinion is definitely going to affect his relationship with Taylor Smith. Bergie has been single since the 'Love Island USA' Season 5 kicked off.

He found it hard to make connections in the villa as most of the female islanders friendzoned him. However, things changed for him as Taylor finally felt attracted toward him.

However, it seemed like Bergie and Taylor's relationship could not work out for long. In the confessional, Bergie admitted, "You know this whole journey hasn't been easy and it just doesn't get any easier."

Bergie further noted, "Saying seemed forced it definitely sucks. Yeah, it wasn't a good feeling." He also admitted that his family is very important to him, noting, "Done."

Who is 'Love Island USA' islander Carsten 'Bergie' Bergersen?

Carsten 'Bergie' Bergersen hails from Cottage Grove, Minnesota but currently resides in Madison, South Dakota. Bergie graduated from Dakota State University in May 2023 with a degree in healthcare.

He completed two honor societies NSLS (National Society of Leadership and Success) and Tri Beta (Biology Honor Society). To fulfil his needs and pay the college tuition, Bergie worked as a Dairy Queen General Night Manager and a group fitness instructor while pursuing his graduation.

Who is 'Love Island USA' islander Taylor Nicole Smith?

Taylor Nicole Smith is a 24-year-old hotel manager from Orange County. She played golf for 15 years and also participated in multiple competitions.

She attended California University Long Beach and pursued Hospitality Management in 2022. She entered during the 'Love Island USA' Season Casa Amor twist and instantly sparked a connection with Bergie.

New episodes of 'Love Island USA' Season 5 release on Thursdays through Tuesdays at 9 pm ET on Peacock.