Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Who is Cillian Murphy's wife? Actor says 'Oppenheimer' will have some 'pretty heavy' scenes with 'prolonged full nudity'

2023-07-09 19:49
Cillian Murphy is all set to play the titular character in Christopher Nolan's 'Oppenheimer'
Who is Cillian Murphy's wife? Actor says 'Oppenheimer' will have some 'pretty heavy' scenes with 'prolonged full nudity'

DUBLIN, IRELAND: Cillian Murphy has been given "strict instructions" not to discuss 'Oppenheimer', his upcoming movie directed by Christopher Nolan. However, he confirmed that the movie will include lengthy nudity scenes. According to The Guardian, the 47-year-old actor revealed that his 27-year-old co-star, Florence Pugh, would be in scenes involving "prolonged full nudity."

Murphy is well-known for an array of roles, including in 'Batman Begins' and 'Inception', but he has succeeded in keeping his private affairs as discreet as possible. He rarely speaks about his wife of nearly 20 years, Irish artist Yvonne McGuinness, and their two children, Malachy, 17, and Aran, 15, opting instead to focus on his professional commitments.

Who is Cillian Murphy's wife?

Yvonne McGuinness, who hails from Kilkenny, Ireland, is a visual artist with a degree from the Royal College of Art in London. Multiple reports said that the 'Inception' actor prefers to keep his personal life private, which is why he has not spoken much about his marriage. He does not bring McGuinness with him to red carpet events, and he certainly doesn't post on Instagram about his family.

According to McGuinness' website, she is an Irish artist based in Dublin. "Her work encompasses film, performance, sculptural and textile elements, sound and writing. She has an interest in embodied experience of place and belonging by staging live, public, interventions and performances which create surreal and dynamic moments of interaction and connection to place, time and communities. This is immersive work, which is collaborative and generally temporary. Her film installation work often reconstructs the documentation of these performances for gallery contexts," her website reads.

How did Cillian Murphy meet Yvonne McGuinness?

Having been there with Murphy since his earliest acting days, McGuinness has seen his career grow. The two first met in 1996 during one of the actor's jazz funk band performances. Murphy used to play guitar, sing and write lyrics for The Sons of Mr Green Genes and turned down a record deal at the time.

Murphy and McGuinness got married in 2004. The couple had their two boys in 2005 and 2007. Thr couple relocated to London in 2001. They reportedly spent more than 10 years in the city, where they brought up their sons, before deciding to return to Ireland in 2015.

Murphy is not on social media at all, whereas McGuinness maintains private Instagram and Twitter accounts. Even though Murphy frequently participates in interviews for his blockbuster films, he rarely speaks about his wife or children in public since the couple was so guarded about their personal lives.

'My life hasn't changed in any way'

Murphy moved to Liverpool, England, while McGuinness remained in Dublin with their children during the filming of 'Peaky Blinders'. In Murphy's words, this led to a "zero life." "The fame thing was never a goal. I just want to improve," he had once told People.

Murphy attributes his ability to stay grounded to his wife, McGuinness. He said, "It's very important to have somebody like that. My life hasn't really changed at all. My life hasn't changed in any way, really. I still have the same friends and we go to the same places."

Cillian Murphy's 'pretty heavy' scenes with Emily Blunt

In The Guardian interview, the 'Inception' actor said that Emily Blunt, who plays his wife in 'Oppenheimer', would also be in some "pretty heavy" scenes. The element of romance in the movie, he previously told Wired, "is as strong as I've ever done."

Murphy said that he and his co-stars had to undergo chemistry tests. "They put two actors in a room to see if there’s any spark, and have all the producers and director at a table watching. I don’t know what metric they use, and it seems so outrageously silly, but sometimes you get a chemistry and nobody knows why,” he said about the tests.

In the movie, Murphy portrays J Robert Oppenheimer, the man in charge of the Los Alamos Laboratory that developed the first atomic bomb as part of the Manhattan project. Blunt plays his wife Katherine "Kitty" Oppenheimer, a biologist and botanist. Pugh portrays Jean Tatlock, a psychiatrist who was his ex-fiancée.

'Oppenheimer' will be released in theaters on July 21, the same day that 'Barbie' premieres.