Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'Yes, I hear the music': Whoopi Goldberg snaps at 'The View' producer for interrupting her mid-segment

2023-08-04 10:20
‘The View’ co-hosts discussed the dwindling friendship between Jessica Chastain and Oscar Isaac on the ‘Hot Topics’ segment on Thursday, August 3
'Yes, I hear the music': Whoopi Goldberg snaps at 'The View' producer for interrupting her mid-segment

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: After Jessica Chastain and Oscar Isaac starred in the HBO drama series ‘Scenes from a Marriage’, Chastain admitted that their friendship ‘has never quite been the same.’ Variety also reported that after the series, Chastain ‘needed a breather’ from Isaac. ‘The View’ co-hosts discussed this dwindling friendship on the ‘Hot Topics’ segment on Thursday, August 3.

As the co-hosts divided into Chastain and Isaac’s work relationship and everything that potentially went down between them, Whoopi Goldberg, who is a seasoned actress and Oscar winner, had a lot to say about this. However, she could hardly complete her statement.

‘Something going on?’

Goldberg read out the topic to her co-hosts on Thursday, “Jessica Chastain and Oscar Isaac have been friends since college, but Jessica admitted to Vanity Fair, that since filming the mini-series, Scenes from a Marriage, their friendship has never been the same. Can working together work when it comes to friends?” The co-hosts quickly dived into a discussion about Isaac and Chastain, including their closeness on the red carpet. As Hostin put her point across on their on-screen chemistry, Goldberg interrupted her, “You know what messed up their friendship actually? Us. You know, people talking about - is something going on? If you hear that every time you go out and somebody asks, how are you and Oscar, how are you and Jessica, that wears on the people you are with.” She then expressed her frustration with how in this day and age, people are often writing about, and taking pictures, when it comes to situations like these, which had been the case with Chastain and Isaac.

Goldberg gets interrupted mid-conversation

After Goldberg, Joy Behar takes over the conversation and gives an example of how actors have previously been intimate on set and the situation has escalated. Goldberg interrupted Behar, “Well, I’m not saying it didn’t happen.” At this point, ‘The View’ had started playing the closing music before Goldberg could even finish speaking. Nevertheless, Goldberg said over the music as she continued, “I’m telling you why it may be a problem for these folks, who are not doing that, who are just trying to be friends, and you say I’m not…I’m gonna stay away from you, it's…it’s too much of a hassle.” Goldberg stumbled a little over her words as the background music continued and she finally looked at the producers behind the camera, “Yes, I hear the music,” as the segment drew to an end.