Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'I just hated her': John Stamos opens up on his 'humiliating' divorce with ex-wife Rebecca Romijn

2023-10-19 04:29
'It was very much the opinion that she dumped me because her career was going great and mine wasn't,' John Stamos said
'I just hated her': John Stamos opens up on his 'humiliating' divorce with ex-wife Rebecca Romijn

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: John Stamos is sharing his ‘shattering’ experience while going through his divorce from ex-wife Rebecca Romjin.

The ‘Full House’ star admitted that his former spouse seemed like a ‘devil’ to him back then.

"My first marriage was shattering to me. I was shattered for way too long, too," Stamos told People ,adding "I mean, a year, okay, good. But it went on [for] years and years."

John Stamos said he had a hard time writing some pages in his memoir

John Stamos, who is releasing his memoir ‘If You Would Have Told Me’ next week further talked about the ‘difficult’ time he had reflecting on his feelings while writing those chapters.

"In my mind back then, she was the devil, and I just hated her," the 60-year-old told the outlet.

"I couldn't believe how much I hated her, and it ruined my life. Looking back, and I talk about it [in the book] because it's one of the steps in AA where the fourth step is you lay out all your grievances, everything that people did to you. I go like, 'None,'" he noted.

But he can’t fight the opposite feelings either. "You start thinking, it's like, 'Oh, she wasn't the devil. Maybe I was as much to blame as her,'" he added.

"It was very public, and that was very painful. I didn't write much about that, but it's hard," the ‘Big Shot’ star said.

"It was very much the opinion that she dumped me because her career was going great and mine wasn't, and that's humiliating," Stamos continued.

"I don't blame her for it. It was just the perception that people took, and maybe they weren't

wrong. She was doing great at that time and I wasn't," he further noted.

John Stamos revealed he succumbed to drinking addiction

Stamos had a hard time coming to terms with his failed marriage. "That's when I really started to kind of drink a lot. But without that, I never would've known what a real love is, and I would've never straightened up to get someone like Caitlin in my life," he said.

In his 2016 interview, Stamos gave a detailed account of his drinking struggle. “I could stop [drinking] on a dime. I could stop. In the times that I went back, it just sort of deteriorated my life, and who I was, and my morals and my values," he said.

"I lost myself, I lost my sense of discipline, which my dad taught me so well, and I just became someone – more and more I was just dipping into that dark place. It happened more and more and it just got darker and darker,” Stamos said, adding “It stunted my growth. Emotionally – maybe I would be married with kids right now.”

Stamos and Caitlin tied the knot in 2018 and have a five-year-old son named Billy. Romjin married Jerry O’Connell with whom she shares two children.

Tags news