Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Why did Oscar De La Hoya break up with Shanna Moakler? The actress opens up about it in part 2 of HBO's 'The Golden Boy' docuseries

2023-07-26 04:24
'Women would call me up and say, I slept with your fiance,' said Shanna Moakler
Why did Oscar De La Hoya break up with Shanna Moakler? The actress opens up about it in part 2 of HBO's 'The Golden Boy' docuseries

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Shanna Moakler didn’t mince her words when talking about her ex-partner Oscar De La Hoya. In fact, the ‘The Wedding Singer’ actress touched upon all the controversies the former boxer was involved in. In the HBO’s docuseries ‘The Golden Boy’ part 2, she started with De La Hoya’s infidelity and rape allegations. "I didn't want to believe -- even though it was happening to me even though I was living it, you know, I was seeing it-- maybe I was in love with the idea. You know what I envisioned him in my mind to be," she said.

The ‘Growing Up Supermodel’ star revealed, "Women would call me up and say, 'I slept with your fiance.' And I would say 'No, you didn't. He would never do that to me. You just want his money.'" Moakler even tried to catch him red-handed at a nightclub, but his security protected him. "And then I had heard that he was accused of rape by women in Mexico. Things like that started to happen and I stood by him because I just didn't believe any of it."

Why did Oscar De La Hoya break up with Shanna Moakler?

Oscar De La Hoya admitted to Moakler’s claim that he dumped her to advance his career in Mexico. The former world champion confessed that he started dating Moakler for the same reason, “I’m like this little kid in the candy store, hanging out with celebs. There’s women everywhere — beautiful women. But then I saw her. [A] beautiful, blonde-haired girl, tall, slender, looks like a silhouette. It was almost like a ghost,” he said “She was the first American that I dated. She was an actress, and she was Miss USA. For a little Mexican from East LA, I was like, ‘Whoa, this is gonna enhance or help my career," reported US Weekly.

Later, De La Hoya’s business manager advised him that his current girlfriend is not ‘Mexican enough,’ and he won’t be respected in Mexico, ‘the girl needs to be a Mexican or Latina.’ He was shown the picture of Millie Corretjer, to whom he was married from 2001 to 2016, reports toofab.

'I don't love you anymore'

Moakler shared on the docuseries how he promised her that they would ‘start fresh’ once he returned from a trip to New York and she later noticed De La Hoya and Corretjer holding hands at the Latin Grammy Awards red carpet. Millie Corretjer said, "The next day, he got in the car with me. I just said, 'Why did you do that?' He looked me dead in the face -- he goes, 'I don't love you anymore,'" Moakler said. "He goes, 'Shanna, I have more money than God.' And he got out of the car. And he came over to the window where I was sitting there bawling and he knocked on the window. And he goes, 'Don't be too hard on me!'"

The two share daughter Atiana De La Hoya, 24.

Tags news