Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Kim Cattrall finally speaks on her highly anticipated 'And Just Like That' cameo: 'Let me get creative'

2023-06-29 14:45
Kim Cattrall spoke up about what she requested before agreeing to appear in a cameo on 'And Just Like That'
Kim Cattrall finally speaks on her highly anticipated 'And Just Like That' cameo: 'Let me get creative'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Kim Cattrall is speaking out about her well-publicized return to the 'Sex and the City' universe after a period of relative silence. The actress who plays Samantha said on Wednesday's 28th June episode of 'The View' that HBO president Casey Bloys first approached her about participating in 'And Just Like That' Season 2 Finale.

Kim made a significant stipulation before agreeing to reprise her role as Samantha. The 66-year-old actress spoke up about what she requested before agreeing to appear in a cameo on 'And Just Like That'.

'Hmmm… let me get creative'

She said, "It's very interesting to get a call from the head of HBO saying, 'What can we do?'" Cattrall shared, before adding with a smile, "And I went, 'Hmmm… let me get creative." Earlier this month, Cattrall made waves when it was revealed that her SATC character Samatha Jones will appear in the 'AJLT' season finale and that she would be dressed by none other than Field, 82, as reported by People.

Field, who is renowned for dressing the actors of the 'Sex and the City' series and its two spin-off films, noticeably left the TV show 'And Just Like That'. For the return of her close friend Cattrall, she made an exception.

'Without seeing or speaking with the stars'

Variety reports that Cattrall recorded the cameo in New York City on March 22. In addition, the source said that Cattrall acted in her role "without seeing or speaking with the stars of the series," including Parker, Cynthia Nixon, and Kristin Davis. She also allegedly avoided Michael Patrick King, the show's creator. Cattrall's character is said to call Carrie during the appearance in the 'AJLT' season 2 finale.

In an interview with Sunrise, Parker, who has dispelled reports of a falling out between herself and Cattrall, talked about the cameo. Parker said, "It was an idea that we had that was really about our 25 years, and celebrating that, She had surfaced in the first season, but this [is] simply taking those texts and it puts a face with it. A gorgeous face that we love and that the audience has loved. It's just a quick pop; it's just a phone call. And it's very much familiar," as per reports.

Tags news epcelebs