Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Priyanka Chopra Jonas reveals she'd give up career for daughter Malti Marie 'without question'

2023-05-13 12:20
'If I were asked to give up my career and just move countries, I would do it without question for my daughter,' said Chopra
Priyanka Chopra Jonas reveals she'd give up career for daughter Malti Marie 'without question'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Priyanka Chopra Jonas has been occupied lately with promoting her two latest projects: the spy action thriller series, 'Citadel', and the romantic comedy-drama film, 'Love Again'. Although both productions recently premiered, Priyanka has had to divert some of her attention to promotional efforts. However, her focus has shifted significantly since becoming a mother to her daughter, Malti Marie, who was born in January 2022 through surrogacy with her husband, Nick Jonas.

In a recent interview with Femina, the 40-year-old actress candidly confessed that "if I were asked to give up my career and just move countries, I would do it without question for my daughter." As a first-time mom, Chopra now deeply understands the bond between a parent and child, and despite her love for her work, she recognizes that her one-year-old daughter is her top priority and desires to spend quality time with her at home.

READ MORE

'It was a dark phase': Priyanka Chopra Jonas says she experienced 'deep depression' over botched nose job

F**k it, I'm going to America': Priyanka Chopra Jonas reveals she QUIT Bollywood as she was 'tired of the politics'

Priyanka Chopra shifts priorities as motherhood takes center stage

"I want to go back home. On time," she said in a reference to her long hours on set. "I finish my job really quickly and then I’m home." The Bollywood star emphasized that her commitment to motherhood does not diminish her passion for her career. "That doesn’t mean I don’t love my job," Chopra said. "That doesn’t mean I’m not going to do it with the same gusto that I did it with before." She then added, "But, now I know life is equally important."

Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas tied the knot in 2018, and their journey as parents has brought them immense happiness. However, the arrival of Malti was not without its challenges and intense moments. Born prematurely in Southern California, Malti spent her first 100 days in the newborn intensive care unit (NICU). Once she was healthy enough to go home, the pair took to social media to share their "rollercoaster" experience and express gratitude for the medical professionals who aided their daughter's recovery.

'She is, like, magical!'

"After 100 plus days in the NICU, our little girl is finally home. Every family's journey is unique and requires a certain level of faith," they noted. "While ours was a challenging few months, what becomes abundantly clear, in retrospect, is how precious and perfect every moment is," they continued.

"Our next chapter begins now, and our baby is truly a bada**. Let's get it MM! Mommy and Daddy love you," they gushed. In an interview with Andy Cohen on Watch What Happens Live, Chopra described Malti as a "happiest, most joyous" personality. "She is, like, magical," the Quantico alum said. "She doesn't jet lag. She sleeps whenever," Chopra gushed.