Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Bryan Adams ‘grateful’ to Taylor Swift for inspiring him to re-record his masters, fans want them to reunite for Eras Tour

2023-11-25 17:51
After the Reputation Tour of 2018, fans now want Bryan Adams and Taylor Swift to reunite for the Eras Tour
Bryan Adams ‘grateful’ to Taylor Swift for inspiring him to re-record his masters, fans want them to reunite for Eras Tour

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Being an artist who has produced some of the most powerful rock songs and sold more than 75 million albums worldwide, Bryan Adams is incredibly humble. He recently heaped praise on another artist from this era.

In a recent telephonic conversation with 'USA Today', Adams spoke about his love for traveling, his appreciation for Taylor Swift, the award nomination that surprised him, and his plans to take his children to see Swift perform live in Canada next year.

Starting from January 20 next year in Montana, Adams will travel to places such as Charlotte, Austin, San Jose, and Orlando as part of his 'Eurythmics Songbook' tour with his "mate", Dave Stewart.

Bryan Adams is grateful to Taylor Swift

Speaking of the freedom of being an independent artist, Adams told the outlet how "emboldened" and "empowered" he feels due to the 'Anti-Hero' hitmaker.

The 'Summer of '69' singer told 'USA Today', "I feel emboldened and empowered now. Taylor Swift, I’m quite grateful to her because I rerecorded my masters (for 'Classic' and 'Classic Pt. II') after hearing she did it. She was my inspiration."

Adams further noted that his productivity has improved and he attributes most of his "renewed vigor" to the fact that he is an independent artist now.

Just like pop sensation Swift's legal battle with her previous label, Adams also had to fight to get back the rights to his songs.

In a March 2022 interview with 'Stereogum', he claimed that Swift encouraged him to record his old songs again. Adams revealed that the rights to his "early masters" were not transferred by his previous label, Universal Music Group.

Adams said at the time, "She and I have been in a similar situation lately with our master recordings. My record company wasn’t interested in negotiating the return of my early masters, so I’ve done what she has done to re-record my early songs again."

He further thanked the pop sensation, adding that his classic albums are being released. "So thanks Taylor," he said.

Taylor Swift invited Bryan Adams to sing at her 'Reputation Tour' in 2018

During her farewell performance in Toronto, Swift invited the Canadian rock musician onstage for his biggest hit, 'Summer of '69,' which she described as "one of [her] favorite songs ever written".

Swift posted on Instagram about how excited she was about the unexpected duet. Swift also sang 'Summer of 69' at a 2011 Speak Now tour concert in Adams’ hometown of Vancouver, according to Billboard.

Taking to his social media platform, Adams also recalled his hit 'Summer of '69' rendition with Swift.

Adams wrote on X (formerly Twitter): "Flashback to belting 'Summer of '69' with the incredible @taylorswift13 on her 2018 Reputation tour in Toronto! Good times. Loving the new edition of 1989!"

Fans urge Bryan Adams to reunite with Taylor Swift for Eras Tour

Going crazy over Adams' flashback post, online fans flocked to the comment section, urging the two artists to reunite for another masterpiece at Taylor Swift's Eras Tour.

One X user wrote, "This! truly is the best music of all time!"

A second one exclaimed, "The way it would be awesome to see you two reunite on the Eras tour when she’s in Canada!"

"This oozes great chemistry (loved the behind the scenes pranks) and it all sounded awesome on stage!" chimed in a third fan.

One more fan asserted, "This was the greatest night of my life! Seeing you live for the first time as one of Taylor’s special guests was indescribable! Long live Rep tour."

"Go Bryan and Taylor!" exclaimed another music enthusiast.

"King and Queen," hailed a fan.

Tags news