Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Who is Zion Clark? 'AGT' Season 18 athelete is 1st American to compete both in the Olympics and Paralympics

2023-08-02 06:46
'AGT' Season 18 contestant Zion Clark started wrestling when he was just in elementary school
Who is Zion Clark? 'AGT' Season 18 athelete is 1st American to compete both in the Olympics and Paralympics

COLUMBUS, OHIO: We are well aware of the kind of talent 'America's Got Talent' showcases. In Season 18, we will see the reality show bringing a group of fresh and astonishing acts. These artists hope to impress the judges, audience, as well as viewers at home and win the grand prize.

It seems that 'AGT' is promoting a lot of athletes this year. Besides the twin brothers named Twinjas, we will also see Olympian Zion Clark making everyone's jaw drop with his exceptional athletic skills. Zion is not a new name in the world of sports, bringing glory to the country on an international level. As we wait for the release of the new episode, let us take a look at who he is.

Who is Zion Clark?

Born on September 29, 1997, in Columbus, Ohio, Zio Clark had a rare birth defect called Caudal Regression Syndrome. This left him with no legs. Zion's mother was unfit to take care of him and he had no father, therefore, he was given up for adoption. Indeed, Zion's childhood was spent bouncing between foster homes. He was even labeled a "problem child" as a kid. Even though the foster care system gave up on him, he did not let the situation break him down.

Zion Clark started wrestling at a very young age

Zion is an athlete. He is an American wrestler, professional mixed martial artist, and wheelchair racer. Zion's bio says, "I'm here to get what's mine NO Excuses." He started wrestling when he was in elementary school. However, in the starting years, he did not do well in sports. Zion did not win any matches for several years. But, the athletic approach did not let him lose hope. He went to Massillon High School and met coach Gil Donahue. Soon after that, he improved his wrestling techniques, following the surprising transformation in his senior year. He qualified for Ohio High School State Wrestling Championship.

After excelling in wrestling and winning several matches, he was recruited by several colleges but chose to go to Kent State. He spent 2 years there honing his skills. Zion became the first American athlete to compete both in Olympic (wrestling) and in the Paralympic (wheelchair racing) Games in Tokyo 2020.

Zion Clark in 'AGT' Season 18

It will be an honor for 'AGT' to feature Olympic and Paralympic participants in the show. He will be seen performing gymnastic skills on the stage. The star uploads his picture on social media, saying, "I’m hyped to announce I’ll be airing as a contestant on @agt." He added, "Make sure to tune in to see my audition and act you don’t want to miss this!" Well, 'AGT' is not the first TV show where Zion will be featured; he has previously been in 'The Ellen Show.' At Ellen's show, the athlete came with his mother and shared his incredible journey of achievement.

'America’s Got Talent' Season 18 airs Tuesday nights at 8 pm ET/PT on NBC.