Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

How much did Kai Cenat get paid for doing promos? Streamer says 'it was crazy'

2023-07-22 16:58
Kai Cenat dished about his early beginnings in streaming and a lucrative promotion deal he got his hands on in an interview
How much did Kai Cenat get paid for doing promos? Streamer says 'it was crazy'

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: Twitch king Kai Cenat has amassed an impressive following of over six million on the platform. Known for his hilarious videos and engaging challenges with his AMP housemates, he has also gained prominence on other social media platforms such as Instagram and Rumble.

Cenat recently made headlines with an interview with the host of Complex, Speedy Morman. Cenat spoke about his early experiences on the platform and shared insights about a notable deal during the interview.

‘I can get $20 for a IG story, $10 for a promo’

The interview provided information about Cenat during his starting days as a streamer and the revenue he earned from promotions. He said, “Yeah, I had like a lot of people hit up that email like, like on my coming up days. Like I definitely had like some momentum when it came to like people that to pay me to promote things. So it was, it was useful, it was useful like at the time they were a different era."

Elaborating, Cenat further stated, “But it was just funny. I was like, man, I wonder how many at that time you were still in college and s**t. Yeah, I was getting like, ok at that time, I was posting like promos on my story for like $20, $10. I was posting stuff on my feed for like $20. It was crazy. Like the price was extremely low. Like it was crazy. But at the time that was like, that's what I needed. I can get $20 for a IG story. $10 for a promo.” When Speedy asked Cenat about his current pricing and how much he would charge for a promo, Cenat responded by stating that he would consult with his team to keep the rates flexible.

‘The biggest deal at that point there was…’

Speedy asked Cenat to reveal any significant deals or notable opportunities that the Twitch king had encountered during the early stages of his streaming career. “Do you remember what, like at that stage like a big deal that you had?” Cenat responded, “OK, so the biggest deal at that point there was was this airpod company. It was like these fake airpods and they wanted me to promote. I was like, alright. They said we needed to do a shout out on YouTube. I did it. I thought it was like magic. I thought I was scamming or something.”

Cenat added, “I'm like, bro, like that's it. So I was literally just saying like, yo get these pods and then after like what like they would give me $500 and then that was it. I did it every time. Yeah, I don't think nobody really ordered it because they knew it was fake and stuff. That was like one of the biggest things I had for me.”

'Kai the goat so inspirational'

After watching Cenat's interview, fans praised him for being "inspirational." One fan said, "This is very inspiring for anyone that has dreams and aspirations." Another wrote, "Kai the goat so inspirational." A third said, "I'm 54 and Kai inspires me to reach for my dreams, I really look up to him." Another penned, "This dude Kai is a Peoples Person. He deserves to be rich & famous just off the authenticity." A fifth stated, "Proud of you Kai! MGM."

Tags news