Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

‘America’s Got Talent’ Season 18: Who is the voice behind Puppet Simon? Fans want musician to ‘audition solo’

2023-07-12 11:27
Due to his fantastic voice, 'AGT' viewers urge Gabriel C Brown to try out solo and drop the puppet act
‘America’s Got Talent’ Season 18: Who is the voice behind Puppet Simon? Fans want musician to ‘audition solo’

PASADENA, CALIFORNIA: NBC's 'America's Got Talent' Season 18 audience was astonished by Puppet Simon and the Cow Belles' version of Queen's 'Somebody to Love' on Tuesday, July 11. Fans, who were absolutely taken away by Puppet Simon, want to know who is behind it and want them to abandon Cow Belles and go solo in the future!

Season 18 of 'AGT' began on NBC on May 30. So far this season, the four judges have watched a few puppet performances, such as the Poose the Puppet act, in which the puppet master dressed as an extraterrestrial. Including Simon Cowell in performances appears to be a growing trend on 'AGT'. In Season 17, Metaphysic employed deep fake technology to make it appear as if Simon was singing live on stage. The 'American Idol' judge thought it was one of the greatest acts on the show. In Season 17, Simon was also joined on stage by knife-throwing brothers Tyrone and Michael, who act as Blade 2 Blade. He stepped between them as they launched axes directly at his skull.

Who is Puppet Simon?

Gabriel Brown was born on February 2, 1990, in Annapolis, Maryland, but now lives in Tucson, Arizona, as part of a musical family. He joined the Navy at the age of 18 and qualified for the SEALs. He was promoted to Gunner's Mate after a skydiving accident that crippled his leg, but instead, he volunteered for the Navy choir.

Gabriel aka Black Gryph0n is a singer, songwriter, musician, actor, animator, and voice-over artist best known for his appearances in Pixar's "Finding Dory," "Geronimo Stilton," and advertisements for Endangered Species and SlugTerra (DHX/Nerd Corps). Special singing credits include 'My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic' (5th season, 'Equestria Girls Friendship Games & the Songs of Harmony CD'), 'Littlest Pet Shop' and the theme song for 'Pac-Man & the Ghostly Adventures' as well as popular YouTube songs 'No Mercy' by the Living Tombstone and 'Beep Beep, I'm a Sheep' from Tomska's ASDF Movie.

Gabe has published three duo albums with Michelle Creber - 'Getting Stronger,' 'Tribute,' and 'At Home' (also including Andrea Libman, Monique Creber, and Michael Creber); and 'Space Available,' which features his entire family.

Gabe's YouTube channel has over 3 million followers, and 300 million views, including viral videos of his amazing voice impressions. Furthermore, Gabe first garnered popularity in the MLP community with songs such as "Proud To Be A Brony," his "licious" cartoon series, and performances on "Bronies React."

Gabe, a US Navy veteran, spent three years as the main singer with the 7th Fleet Band, Orient Express, traveling the Eastern Hemisphere. He received three Navy Achievement Medals for his work as a "superb" vocalist who sang songs in 12 languages for millions of people. Gabe's music and merchandise may be purchased at BlackGryph0n.shop.

'Simon loves Simon, doesn't he?'

Puppet Simon and the Cow Belles shook out to the iconic music in Tuesday's program, dressed in a white shirt and aviator spectacles, a signature Simon outfit. As viewers witnessed, the group was given an X by judge Sofia Vergara at one point throughout the performance. While Simon appeared more perplexed than amused, he did not yet give the group the axe. Heidi Klum and Howie Mandel appeared to be tremendously delighted by it all, flashing sardonic smiles.

Despite his obvious displeasure, Simon informed the puppets, "I have a crush on you." Sofia quickly buzzed the act, when the puppets began to sing.

During the Cowbells' rendition of Britney Spears' 'Toxic,' a puppet version of Simon stopped them with a pitch-perfect imitation. He immediately launched into 'Somebody to Love,' which shocked Howie out of his seat. "You are good!" he said to the group.

"I did the buzzer before Simon," Sofia explained. "But I don't know if this is an act that belongs in AGT."

The puppets received three yes votes and will go to the next stage of the competition. "Simon loves Simon, doesn't he?" Terry Crews was informed backstage by the puppets.

'Would be better, if we could see the people that are controlling them'

After the performance, fans took to Twitter, and wrote, "Whoever is singin as the Simon puppet needs to put the puppet down and audition solo. Really good voice." Another person claimed. "Puppets? It would be better, if we could see the people that are controlling them." With the inclusion of Puppet Simon, one fan noted, "This puppet act pivoted fast! Wow!" A fourth user tweeted, "The puppets were amazing and the Simon puppet was a surprise I loved it."

Fans also loved how, "Puppet Simon has the full attitude of real Simon." Another person added, "I actually liked puppet Simon and puppets singing Queen Somebody to Love." One user tweeted, "The Cowell Puppet is hilarious... Loved it!!!" Gabe joined in the fun as he sneakily tweeted, "Dang, that Simon puppet sure sounds familiar…"

Tune into NBC on Tuesdays to catch new episodes of 'America's Got Talent' Season 18 at 8 pm ET.