Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

xQc calls out his viewers for spewing hatred toward LGBTQ+ community: 'F**king brain-dead'

2023-06-12 17:45
A Redditor revealed they had received hate and death threats in xQc's chat room for using Trans Pride and Queer Pride emotes
xQc calls out his viewers for spewing hatred toward LGBTQ+ community: 'F**king brain-dead'

AUSTIN, TEXAS: Felix "xQc," a popular Twitch streamer, addressed concerns that his viewers are "hateful and hostile" toward the LGBTQIA+ community. The broadcaster stumbled upon a particularly well-liked article by Redditor u/Connect_Ruin2050 while browsing posts on his official subreddit. They claimed to have been xQc subscribers for seven months, and they said their final live stream viewing occurred on June 11, 2023.

The Redditor claimed that they have "never seen" a place that is so angry and aggressive. They also claimed to have received death threats for using the Trans Pride and Queer Pride emotes in the chat room.

‘That is a disaster’

“I have never seen a more hateful and hostile environment towards its own members than during talk with Hasan. Death threats in msgs for posting TransPride/QueerPride emotes only. As a member of the LGBT+ community, and an actual survivor of child sex abuse, early education in school would have helped me understand what was happening to me and report/stop the situation,” a part of their post read.

In response, xQc said that his Twitch chat attacks him if "anything wrong" occurs to him. But he claimed that anytime he repeats himself, his viewers criticize him. The French-Canadian also noted that his audience couldn't have it "both ways." “That is a disaster! It's hypocritical. It's because I wasn't spewing hate. I... bro, I wasn't doing s**t!,” he said.

'F**king brain-dead'

When xQc came across the aforementioned Reddit discussion, he was two hours into his stream. After reading it, the content creator was perplexed and addressed the issues by saying, “Wait, wait, wait! Hold up! I thought that chat reflects streamers. Every time that I do... any time that something wrong happens, chat says... anything wrong that happens to me - when people insult me, chat says, 'Shout out to the streamer.' But, when someone insults them, it's my fault!”

The former 'Overwatch' player then said his Twitch chat community couldn't have it "both ways" at this time.

“Chat, I'm about to tell you guys how it is. Okay, chat? You cannot have it both ways! You just can't! If people are saying the most unhinged s**t at me... and you guys say, 'He deserves it because chat reflects streamer.' But now, when people attack chat, you guys say it is my fault, that is f**king brain-dead!” he added.

A short while later, xQc argued that his audience wasn't being "hateful and stupid" toward him saying, “I wasn't hateful. I wasn't being stupid. I didn't say dumb s**t.”