Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

What is Ryan Reynolds' 'Green Lantern' diet? Blake Lively 'sabotaged' hubby's regime

2023-07-07 20:26
'He was working out as much as he was, and I'm the girl. I'm supposed to look better'
What is Ryan Reynolds' 'Green Lantern' diet? Blake Lively 'sabotaged' hubby's regime

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Ryan Reynolds devoted a lot of effort to preparing physically for his role as the Green Lantern in the superhero movie of the same name. However, his current wife Blake Lively once joked that she made an effort to ensure that she sabotaged Reynolds' effort by using his weakness — baked goods — against him. Lively used her secret weapon on the set of 'Green Lantern' since she as a girl was "supposed to look better".

Reportedly, Reynolds had to get into superhero shape for his intergalactic superhero Green Lantern role. But doing that was nothing unusual for him at the time. Reynolds said at the time that he was used to transforming his physical appearance for superhero movies like 'Blade: Trinity' and 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine.'

'Green Lantern' merely required him to go over his well-established fitness routine and training program once more.

'With cupcakes and smiles'

To shape his physique, Reynolds maintained a healthy diet and put in a lot of effort at the gym. Lively also acknowledged that she was struck by Reynolds' commitment to his preparation for his role. However, she once quipped that she didn't want Reynolds to appear too attractive on the big screen. She would, therefore, prepare baked goods for him, and which had an adverse affect on his 'Green Lantern' training.

Donald De Line, 'Green Lantern' producer, said at the time, "We were all kind of getting to know each other – it was the beginning of the shoot – and all of the sudden we see this woman walking across the swamp, and she’s got baskets on her arms and it’s three in the morning, and she’s looking like a million bucks. She had made cupcakes and brownies and baked all these things and brought them out for the group. It was really extraordinary."

But Blake's generosity was driven by something else!

According to Female First, Lively humorously admitted, "It was just a way to sabotage Ryan. He was working out as much as he was, and I'm the girl. I'm supposed to look better. So I tried to sabotage him with cupcakes and smiles."

Reynolds responded that he didn't mind the food because he was sensitive to baked products and that he was weak around sweets. "With most actors it’s coke and guns, with me, it’s baked goods," Ryan quipped.

'We were buddies then'

Reynolds claimed that he and Lively did not fall in love right away while filming 'Green Lantern.' The two didn't start dating until long after the film had already been in theaters. However, they initially became friends. "We were buddies then," he previously reminisced, "I remember it was funny because for about a year after Green Lantern had come and gone and all that stuff, we were both single."

Because of their previous platonic friendship, the actor learned that relationships work best when couples start off as friends. Following that, a friendship between the two swiftly developed, and it didn't take long for the two to move in together. In 2012, the two were married, and they now have four kids together.

Tags news epcelebs