Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Who is Sha'Carri Richardson's ex girlfriend? Sprinter alleged Janeek Brown 'abused and stole from' her

2023-07-28 21:29
As per reports, Janeek Brown and Sha'Carri Richardson were in a relationship after meeting each other at an awards function
Who is Sha'Carri Richardson's ex girlfriend? Sprinter alleged Janeek Brown 'abused and stole from' her

DALLAS, TEXAS: Sha'Carri Richardson will soon be seen competing in the 2023 World Athletics Championships, which will be held from August 19 to August 27 at the National Athletics Centre in Budapest, Hungary. The 23-year-old Olympic athlete expressed her excitement for the Championships in a recent social media post.

Richardson reportedly took to her Instagram Story a few days ago and noted, “My first real season and I'm loving the process of learning myself, pushing myself as well as knowing when to be still. Budapest UP NEXT.” The sprinter’s post came as she left behind Shericka Jackson and won the Silesia Diamond League in Poland on July 16.

Following her victory, Richardson said, as per Olympics.com, “It was an amazing race, I am really having fun. The 10.76 - I love the time. I put a great race together. This was a great competition, it was amazing. I executed it correctly. I love the atmosphere here. I wish we could replicate this in the US. All the energy, all the love from the audience. I was satisfied with my race altogether.”

In the past few years, Richardson has continuously been in the news. Her popularity has also drawn her fans’ attention to her personal life, like who she is dating.

Who is Janeek Brown?

Janeek Brown is an athlete like Richardson and specializes in the 100m Hurdles. The 25-year-old won the 2019 NCAA Championships and is the “only woman in NCAA History with four performances of 12.57 or better in a single season,” Arkansas Razorbacks stated.

Arkansas Razorbacks also added that Brown “recorded the world best 100-meter hurdles/200-meter combo with her time of 34.80 at the NCAA Championships besting the previous mark held by Jackie Joyner-Kersee from the 1988 season.”

‘I was abused and stole from’

As per reports, she and Richardson had been in a relationship after meeting each other at an awards function. At the time, Brown was 21 while Richardson was 19. In early 2022, they apparently broke up and it was revealed that their relationship was abusive. In an Instagram Story, the American athlete wrote, “I was in a relationship with a Jamaican athlete that never cared about me from jump. I was abused and stole from yet protected her from the judgment of her country and family while they dragged me. I had to deal with [homophobia] and so much more that I’m still healing from.”

Later, Brown reportedly shared in an interview, “I was abusive once that there’s physical evidence of, and we moved on, and even after then I was trying to move on from that. We still got nowhere. We just keep on fighting, blaming each other and the regular relationship problems.”

“Yeah, I was going through something — I was finding myself, that’s why I am coming to social media. … So yeah, it’s a transformation; I’m going to find myself now. I may look different now,” she added.

Tags news