Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'I hate identity politics': Joe Rogan slams Miller Lite's 'stupid' woke campaign for Women's History Month

2023-06-03 14:53
After the beer firms unintentionally received criticism for their advertisements, Miller Lite inadvertently followed in the footsteps of Bud Light
'I hate identity politics': Joe Rogan slams Miller Lite's 'stupid' woke campaign for Women's History Month

AUSTIN, TEXAS: During his podcast show, Joe Rogan, mocked Miller Lite for its 'woke' advertisement in which 'Broad City' actress Ilana Glazer promotes women as beer-makers. The ad that celebrates Women's History Month was brutally slammed by Rogan.

The advertisement was played during the podcast episode of 'The Joe Rogan Experience', which featured novelist Jack Carr. The two discussed Lite's 'woke' commercial.

'I hate politics'

After the beer firms unintentionally received criticism for their advertisements, Miller Lite inadvertently followed in the footsteps of Bud Light. When Bud Light decided to collaborate with transgender TikTok sensation Dylan Mulvaney earlier this year, the decision drew criticism. Mulvaney's image appeared on multiple cans as part of the promotion, and she also shared a number of paid Instagram photos. However, Miller Lite is currently the subject of controversy as a result of backlash over its promotion of women's participation in beer making.

Joe Rogan has since given his reaction to the ad, he said, "I hate identity politics, I really, really do." Rogan went on to say, "It's so stupid. Human beings made beer. Okay." Rogan added, “Women do it. Women do it. Women do it," mocking Lite. "I’d like to see a pie chart of how many women are actually involved in making beer or drinking beer," he said.

Bud Light's boycott of Anheuser-Busch has caused a drop in sales, while Lite has gained market share due to its partnership with Bud Light. Rogan has called Mulvaney an "attention wh**e".

'Women were among the very first to brew beer'

Rogan and Carr played the advertisement clip during the podcast in which Glazer offers a "little-known fact" in the ad, which ran during 'Women's History Month', that "women were among the very first to brew beer — ever." Glazer said in the advertisement, "How did the industry pay homage to the founding mothers of beer centuries later? They put us in bikinis." She can further be heard saying, "So, here's to women. Because without us, there would be no beer."

Tags news epcelebs