Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'We love anything he does!' Willem Dafoe sends fans into frenzy as he reveals role in ‘Beetlejuice 2’

2023-11-27 17:49
After skipping the Venice Film Festival due to an actors' strike, Willem Dafoe returned to the red carpets, gracing the Marrakech Film Festival
'We love anything he does!' Willem Dafoe sends fans into frenzy as he reveals role in ‘Beetlejuice 2’

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Renowned actor Willem Dafoe sparks excitement among fans with confirmation of his role in the highly-anticipated 'Beetlejuice 2' and shares recent updates on his activities at the 20th edition of the Marrakech Film Festival.

After skipping the Venice Film Festival due to an actors' strike, Dafoe returned to the festival scene, gracing the 20th edition of the Marrakech Film Festival with his presence alongside his wife, filmmaker, and actor Giada Colagrande.

Speaking to Variety, Dafoe expressed his delight in returning to Marrakech, reminiscing about his previous filming experiences in Morocco, particularly his memorable involvement in 'The Last Temptation of Christ'.

Willem Dafoe sheds light on his diverse roles in 'Poor Things' and 'Finally Dawn'

Willem Dafoe delved into his recent film projects, shedding light on his roles and experiences in Venice in an interview with Variety.

He provided insights into his character in Yorgos Lanthimos' 'Poor Things,' where he played Dr Godwin Baxter, an eccentric and intellectual surgeon.

Dafoe disclosed that he drew inspiration for the character from videos of author Alasdair Gray, enhancing the depth of his portrayal.

In Saverio Costanzo's 'Finally Dawn', set in 1950s Rome, Dafoe portrayed an American art dealer, navigating the challenge of performing in Italian.

Despite the linguistic challenge, Dafoe embraced the role with rhythm and fluidity, ensuring an authentic portrayal.

Willem Dafoe reveals role in 'Beetlejuice 2'

Dafoe also discussed his collaboration with Olmo Schnabel on 'Pet Shop Days,' highlighting Schnabel's transition from being a production assistant on a previous project to directing.

He praised Schnabel's unique perspective and enthusiasm, making it an attractive project for him.

In the midst of these endeavors, Dafoe dropped hints about his role in Tim Burton's 'Beetlejuice 2,' providing insights into his character—an afterlife police officer.

He shared that in his character's earthly life, he was a B-movie action star who experienced a fatal accident, ushering him into the afterlife.

Despite his death, his action-star skills seamlessly transitioned into his new role as a detective in the afterlife, adding a unique twist to the character.

He said, "I play a police officer in the afterlife, so I’m a dead person. And in life I was a B-movie action star, but I had an accident and that’s what sent me to the other side. But because of my skills, I became a detective character in the afterlife."

Adding, "So that’s my job. But it’s colored by the fact of who I was [when I was alive]: a B movie action star."

Dafoe's revelations about 'Beetlejuice 2' have ignited anticipation among fans, eager to see his portrayal in this upcoming film.

With his diverse roles and unwavering commitment to his craft, Dafoe continues to captivate audiences, showcasing his versatility and talent on the silver screen.

Internet buzzes with excitement as Willem Dafoe reveals his role in 'Beetlejuice 2'

The revelation of Willem Dafoe's role in 'Beetlejuice 2' has set the internet abuzz with excitement.

Fans and followers of the acclaimed actor expressed their anticipation, with one enthusiast affirming, one wrote, "We love anything he does." "He does it best," replied another.

One commented, "He is a versatile actor." "Makes me even more excited for the movie now," wrote one.

"Can’t wait for this movie," another commented.

Tags news