Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Is Jake Paul a fan of Kobe Bryant? Problem Child pays heartfelt tribute to basketball legend on his birthday: ‘Black Mamba forever’

2023-08-25 15:28
Jake Paul praised Kobe Bryant, saying the basketball player was his hero
Is Jake Paul a fan of Kobe Bryant? Problem Child pays heartfelt tribute to basketball legend on his birthday: ‘Black Mamba forever’

CLEVELAND, OHIO: Jake Paul recently took to social media to pay a tribute to basketball legend Kobe Bryant on what would have been his 45th birthday on Wednesday, August 23.

Bryant died at the age of 41 in a helicopter crash in 2020.

Jake Paul pays tribute to Kobe Bryant

Paul wrote, "Back Mamba forever. He may not have the rings Jordan has but he made every athlete, every kid trying to be an athlete understand the power of hard work. Happy birthday Kobe."

Bryant was travelling to a game with his 13-year-old daughter, Gianna and six family friends when the crash happened and seven died.

Paul was last seen in action, on August 5, when he competed in a boxing fight against MMA champion Nate Diaz at the American Airlines Centre in Dallas, Texas.

Paul won the competition with scores of 97-92, 98-91, and 98-91 from the three judges.

With the win, Paul has improved to 7-1 in professional fights. He has also won inside the squared circle against numerous well-known MMA competitors, including Ben Askren, Tyron Woodley and Anderson Silva.

When Paul suggested NBA to change their logo

Earlier, Paul had said that Bryant had been his hero when he was an adolescent and that his death shattered him. The YouTuber-turned-boxer said that the NBA's logo should be modified in Bryant's honor.

He said, "It's rough, man. I grew up playing basketball and I used to have the Kobe jersey. He was an inspiration of mine to be a competitor but it's just so devastating."

He continued, "I don't even know how to put it into words or really fathom it. Like still, I don't think it has fully hit me."

He added, "But my prayers go out to his family... I think we need to send as much love and support to their family as possible. I think they should change the NBA logo to honor Kobe Bryant."