Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Megan Thee Stallion announces new single Cobra

2023-10-30 18:26
Megan Thee Stallion is releasing her new record independently and funding it herself.
Megan Thee Stallion announces new single Cobra

Megan Thee Stallion is set to return with the new single, 'Cobra', on Friday (03.11.23).

The rapper recently revealed she is funding her new album all by herself, and now she's unveiled the visuals and release date for her debut track out on Hot Girl Productions.

A movie-style poster of Megan naked in the jungle with just a spikey material covering her modesty, she teases: "Cobra. A Story Megan Thee Stallion. Available November 3rd."

A press release notes that ‘Cobra’ is “the first single released on Hot Girl Productions, Megan’s independent music and entertainment entity.”

The 28-year-old star released her previous LPs, 2020's 'Good News' and 2022's 'Traumazine' on 300 Entertainment and 1501 Certified, but she no longer has a record deal so will be bringing out her next record independently.

Speaking on Instagram Live, she said: “This part of my album is definitely very much funded by Megan Thee Stallion because y’know… we tryna get off... y’all know what’s the tea.

“But I have no label right now and we’re doing everything funded by Megan Thee Stallion’s pocket. The budget is coming from me, motherf****** Hot Girl Productions. It’s all coming straight from Megan Thee Stallion – Megan Thee Stallion[‘s] brain, wallet… we in my pockets, hotties, so let’s do our big one.

“We’re really doing our big one and I’m so excited. We’re doing something for the first time independently since it was just me and my mama. I’m so excited ’cause it’s literally just me this go round until we sign to a new label. But I don’t want to sign to a new label right now because I just want to do it myself.”

Megan - who previously took legal action against 1501 Certified Entertainment for allegedly trying to "interfere" with her control over her music and for allegedly trying to keep her locked into a contract - recently teased her next record will mark a new chapter.

She told Billboard: "It’s definitely coming very soon. I’m really excited about this chapter of my life because I feel like I’m finally closing all the old chapters, and now I’m starting with a blank slate. Very fresh, very new. I think Thee Hotties are gonna be so excited. I’m trying different things. I got a lot of things that I produced with Ju and with some new producers."