Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'Her hustle is unmatched': Kim Kardashian sparks memes as SKIMS becomes 'official underwear partner of the NBA'

2023-10-31 21:49
Kim Kardashian's brand SKIMS will 'leverage the power of basketball to generate excitement and demand'
'Her hustle is unmatched': Kim Kardashian sparks memes as SKIMS becomes 'official underwear partner of the NBA'

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: Kim Kardashian's shapewear brand SKIMS announced itself as the official underwear partner of the National Basketball Association (NBA), the Women’s National Basketball Association (WNBA), and USA Basketball, the non-profit organization that oversees men’s and women’s teams participating in international tournaments, on October 30.

According to a press release, the multiyear partnership will “leverage the power of basketball to generate excitement and demand” as well as soon play out at future marquee events, including the NBA All-Star Game and the NBA In-Season Tournament.

The brand will further be featured across a variety of league platforms, including on-the-court signage showcased during broadcasted games, and coverage on digital and social channels, reported People.

Kim Kardashian's statement on the announcement

“I am incredibly proud of SKIMS partnership with the NBA, as it is a reflection of SKIMS growing influence on culture. Together, SKIMS and the NBA will connect people of all backgrounds through fashion, sport, and talent, and I look forward to seeing the partnership thrive,” stated Kim, who happens to be the co-founder and creative director of the brand.

SKIMS was also co-founded by Jens Grede, who is the brand's CEO at present. Grede shared that the “partnership marks a remarkable opportunity for SKIMS and the NBA to work together on what it means to engage the next generation of fans through basketball.”

On October 26, Kim launched an athlete-centered SKIMS campaign, “Every Body is Wearing SKIMS.” It featured Oklahoma City Thunder basketballer Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Brazilian soccer player Neymar Jr, and San Francisco 49ers defensive end Nick Bosa, modeling the company’s new menswear line which includes briefs, boxers, tanks, and tees.

The brand was launched by Kim in 2019. As of June, The New York Times has SKIMS valued at $4 billion.

Internet reacts to SKIMS' NBA update

Netizens have taken the announcement like a sport, appreciating Kim's entrepreneurial drive while having some fun at the same time.

"Say what you want but that’s a smart business woman. Her hustle is unmatched," a user tweeted.

"Yall scared to admit it but she is a marketing prodigy," another claimed.

"Official underwear partner of the NBA. Something I never knew I needed," someone else quipped.

"A crossover i never thought would happen," a usr said.

"But how we know players wearing kim's or any other brand 😂😂😂😂" another wondered.

Tags news