Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Who is Phil Shubano? Name of Matthew Perry's company has some very strange origins

2023-10-31 15:55
Matthew Perry had a close relationship with his assistant and best friend Briana Brancato as detailed in his autobiography without naming her
Who is Phil Shubano? Name of Matthew Perry's company has some very strange origins

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Actor Matthew Perry, who died on October 28 at the age of 54, used the pseudonym Phil Shabano to obtain prescription drugs in the past. He was also the owner of a firm called Phil Shubano Inc where his personal assistant and 'best friend,' Briana Brancato, 34, was known to work, according to her LinkedIn profile.

In his autobiography, 'Friends, Lovers, and the Big Terrible Thing,' Perry revealed the close and loving platonic relationship that he shared with Brancato without naming her, mentioning her only as "Erin."

The person who called 911 upon finding Matthew's body in the hot tub at his residence on the fateful day was described as his assistant, but it has not been confirmed if the person was Brancato, according to the Daily Mail.

Matthew Perry met Briana Brancato at a rehab facility

In his memoir, Perry wrote, "In the sober living house in Southern California, I had a view of West LA and two queen-size beds." The second bed was occupied by Erin, he said.

"I'd met her two years earlier, at another rehab where she had been working at the time. I didn't get sober back then, but I saw how wonderful she was in every way and promptly stole her from that sober living rehab and made her my assistant, and she became my best friend."

Perry's breakup with her fiance Molly Hurwitz was rumored to be because his relationship with Brancato turned romantic, but he insisted in his book that "Erin's bond was never sexual."

Perry went into vivid details in the book, explaining how she saved his life when his colon exploded in 2019 and the staff at a rehab he was at tried to stop him from going to the hospital.

Brancato pushed past the nurses, bundled Perry into her car, and rushed to UCLA. She then stayed at his bedside for months.

During one period, Brancato even lived with Perry in his Century City penthouse condo.

The actor wrote in the final pages of his book, "She's always there when I need her. Erin, Erin, Erin … She saved my life at the rehab when my insides exploded, and she saves it every day still. Who knows what I'd do without her; I intend to never find out. I can tell she's itching for a cigarette, but she doesn't break. Find a friend who'll quit something with you—you'll be amazed what that does for a friendship."

Briana Brancato remembers Matthew Perry over social media

In the wake of the actor's death, Brancato posted a heartfelt message on social media along with pictures of her and Perry, writing, "I've expressed my deepest gratitude to him on numerous occasions, not only for guiding me into a career I cherish but also for allowing me to take care of him for 7 years. Along (with) the countless other experiences I'm thankful for. From witnessing him in his genius to sharing in his worldly adventures living around the world, he took me on a remarkable journey."

"My heart is heavy, but celebrating my memories is the most profound way to honor his legacy. I hope that up there, in the great beyond, Mattman is sending us signs. We truly need them. You'll forever be in my heart. I love you Matty."

Tags news