Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Michael Strahan returns to host 'The $100,000 Pyramid' Season 6, says he'd be 'awful' as a player on game show

2023-07-10 17:55
Michael Strahan admits he would be an 'awful' player on 'The $100,000 Pyramid' as he can't handle the 'pressure' of the game show
Michael Strahan returns to host 'The $100,000 Pyramid' Season 6, says he'd be 'awful' as a player on game show

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: ‘Good Morning America’ host Michael Strahan has landed himself another gig outside of the morning show. The ex-NFL player is all set to host ‘The $100,000 Pyramid’ Season 6. The ABC's show is a timeless word association game in which two celebrities and their partners face off in a race against the clock to make it to the winners' circle and take home $100,000. Strahan recently revealed that even though he can pull off as a host of the game show, he would be “awful” at being a player.

Strahan praised some celebrities like Loni Love, RuPaul, Cedric the Entertainer, Will Sasso, Amanda Seales, Amanda Kloots, Marcus Lemons, and Robert Herjavec for their impeccable game skills but when the needle was pointed at him, the 51-year-old ‘GMA’ anchor instantly reverted that he would not stand the test of the game and would crumble under “pressure.”

‘I’d be awful’

Speaking to Parade before the game show, Strahan spoke about the popularity of the show and said that the reason it is so popular is that it can be watched with your family. However, the former NFL star revealed that hosting is a different skill but he doesn’t have what it takes to be a player. “I’d be awful. I tried it a few times. I hosted the show for the first four years or so and never got in the hot seat, never did any of it.” He further added, “I’m never calm enough to do this show, so I would be awful. You don’t want to be my partner. Don’t be my partner if you want money.”

Strahan also revealed that his mother, Louise Strahan, is trying to get in on the game and continues to ask her son to let her play because she thinks it’s easy and wants to win some of that money. “I’m like, ‘Mom, it’s not that easy.’ Because [when you’re playing], you’ve got that ticker you can hear, ding, ding, ding, and it’s almost subliminally forcing you to move faster because you hear your time, your seconds ticking.”

Strahan wants ‘Friends’ cast on ‘The $100,000 Pyramid’

The 51-year-old ‘GMA’ star was excited to begin his journey as the host of one of America’s most popular game shows. Given that the game is played with celebrities on board, Strahan had a few suggestions as well for the stars he would love to have on the game show. “We had Wayne Knight and Jason Alexander come on like a little Seinfeld reunion. I would love to do a Friends one. How great would that be? Can you imagine that? Three guys versus the three girls, bam! You pick your partner; I’m not going to tell you. You match yourselves up, I just want you on the show. I think that would be so, so much fun to do."

‘The $100,000 Pyramid’ Season 6 airs on Sunday, July 9, 2023, at 10 pm ET/PT on ABC.

Tags news epcelebs