Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Logan Paul opens up about boxing match WWE attempted to set up against Nate Diaz: 'I came to take over'

2023-09-30 15:23
Nate Diaz revealed he had pulled out of a fight with Logan Paul because WWE wanted to take over
Logan Paul opens up about boxing match WWE attempted to set up against Nate Diaz: 'I came to take over'

CLEVELAND, OHIO: Recently, Logan Paul came close to getting a boxing fight approved by WWE, but it apparently fell through.

Paul said that the organization attempted to help set up or get involved in the matchmaking for a bout between him and former UFC star Nate Diaz.

However, Nate Diaz stated in an interview that he had pulled out of a fight with Paul because WWE wanted to take over, as per ESPN.

The 38-year-old MMA star, Paul, asserted that he had no interest in faux fights or other forms of sports entertainment.

“The WWE came in and then they wanted to take over the whole thing. I'm like, 'I just got out of the UFC, why am I going to sign with WWE?' I fight for real. I'm not gonna be doing a real fight on a WWE card or no funny s**t like that,” Diaz said.

Logan Paul explains about the match WWE attempted to set up

Paul acknowledged that WWE attempted to intervene in the discussions over a fight with Nate Diaz on 'The MMA Hour with Ariel Helwani'. Paul speculated that Diaz wanted to fight his brother Jake Paul.

Paul said, “Yeah, they were. You know why I think it didn't come to fruition. I don't know. I think Nate wanted to fight Jake."

He further added, "There's no doubt that any event that I do with the WWE would be massive. They're one of the biggest sports organizations on the planet.”

In August, Nate Diaz faced Jake Paul in a boxing contest and lost by unanimous decision.

On the other hand, Logan Paul will take on Dillon Danis on October 14 in England. If Danis cancels, Mike Perry, a former UFC fighter who currently competes in bare-knuckle combat, will be Logan's replacement opponent.

Logan Paul aka ‘The Maverick’ wants to become WWE champion

In a recent interview, Logan Paul mentioned winning titles in the Stamford promotion.

Paul has already established a tremendous reputation in the professional wrestling industry after competing against some of the top superstars, like Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins. The WWE Universe has given him a lot of appreciation for his performances.

Paul's most recent match, which took place at SummerSlam against Ricochet, was controversially won by the former after striking his opponent with brass knuckles while the referee was elsewhere.

Additionally, Paul was questioned about whether he needed permission from World Wrestling Entertainment for his boxing fights during a recent appearance on 'The MMA Hour With Ariel Helwani'.

The Stamford-based organization, according to the popular YouTuber, has been crucial in helping him carve out a timetable for boxing while on the main roster.

He said that he has joined the legendary wrestling organization not just to compete but also to win titles.

“Yeah, we gotta find a time in the schedule, to carve out a time to box, because you know I am I guess technically like a full-time wrestler. Like I'm on the roster, I have a contract, and it's also a goal of mine to get WWE championships," Paul said.

He continued, "Like I didn't just come to partake, I came to take over, and you don't do that if you're hopping in and out of the sport. So we gotta find time to box and time to wrestle and they've been very accommodating.”

Tags news