Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Logan Paul finally reveals importance of winning WWE US Championship: 'Never thought it was possible'

2023-11-21 14:53
On a recent episode of 'IMPAULSIVE', Logan Paul spoke about winning the WWE United States Championship
Logan Paul finally reveals importance of winning WWE US Championship: 'Never thought it was possible'

CLEVELAND, OHIO: After clinching the United States Championship after defeating Rey Mysterio at WWE's Crown Jewel earlier in November, Logan Paul reflected on capturing the title and what it means to him.

On a recent episode of 'IMPAULSIVE' podcast, Logan Paul spoke in-depth about winning the WWE United States Championship. Paul gave a heartfelt response when speaking about what winning the title meant to him.

For the unversed, since winning the title, Paul has posted several pictures of himself sleeping with the championship belt, working out with it, and even taking a shower with it.

Logan Paul gets candid about his win against Rey Mysterio

During his podcast, The Maverick said, “I wasn’t like a diehard WWE fan. I was a casual fan, I’ve always had so much respect for this sport; I always thought it was cool; I had my favorite wrestlers growing up."

He added, "I wasn’t watching Monday Night Raw and Friday Night Smack Down every day like some people are doing now. But they asked me, what does this belt mean? What is it exactly? Even to me when I was an outsider, I don’t think I really understood what the belt meant."

“Now that I’m in the industry and I’m learning from my peers around me and I have such respect for the art of wrestling because it’s by far the hardest thing I’ve ever done. It’s much harder than boxing," he elaborated.

"Boxing is about navigating stress, I think. Because the hard work comes naturally for boxers, but it’s stressful, there’s a lot of pressure. If you can navigate stress well, which I can, wrestling’s much harder because it’s a 360-degree audience. There’s so many things involved in this sport that make it extremely difficult," he said.

Paul continued by adding, “So people ask me, what’s so special about the belt? What does it mean? To me, it’s a symbol of accomplishment and trust in the craft of the human. The WWE doesn’t just give this belt to someone. It is them entrusting you with their publicly traded company."

The 28-year-old said, "It’s a big deal that they stamp you and are willing to say, ‘You’re significant enough and have done enough disruption in our company for us to out one of our titles on you.’"

“There’s only what, four? Five? There’s not that many of them, and there’s a bunch of people on the roster. So winning this for me was such an achievement because, in that moment, when my hand was raised, and they handed me this shiny, heavy belt, I just saw my whole life in front of my eyes. All my ups, all my downs," Paul revealed.

Logan Paul says winning US title was a 'dream'

On the same episode of the podcast, Logan Paul said, “Even from when I was a kid, manifesting a future so bright that I didn’t even know it was possible, then all of a sudden, one day, I’m in Saudi Arabia performing for 10,000 people and millions at home, holding the United States [Championship], a home-grown kid who worked his a** off. "

"At one point in my life, when I was a little kid, I held a little WWE belt on my shoulder. Now, I have a real one that’s mine, and it’s a dream that I never thought I could have accomplished," he admitted candidly.

He continued, “I never thought it was possible, but it was such a special moment because it’s symbolic of all the things I have overcome and how hard I’ve worked to be where I am today.

"Not just in the WWE. This podcast, the company, the fiancee, wrestling, boxing, everything has culminated, and that is the physical embodiment of my hard work and the ups and downs I’ve had my entire life. That’s why it’s a big f**king deal,” he concluded.

Tags news