Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'It's the cold war version': Peter Dinklage tells Stephen Colbert that fans don’t have to watch 'Hunger Games' to understand prequel

2023-11-24 19:20
'He created it [the Hunger games], and now the genie’s out of the bottle, and he realizes what he’s done is horrible,' said Dinklage
'It's the cold war version': Peter Dinklage tells Stephen Colbert that fans don’t have to watch 'Hunger Games' to understand prequel

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: In a side-splitting interview on 'The Late Show With Stephen Colbert', Peter Dinklage spilled the beans on the upcoming 'Hunger Games' prequel, 'Ballad of Songbirds & Snakes', offering a unique perspective that has fans in stitches.

The 'Game of Thrones' star, who portrays Casca Highbottom, the unintentional creator of the Hunger Games, believes that the prequel is a treat for everyone, regardless of their familiarity with the original film franchise.

Peter Dinklage's witty quips unveils 'Hunger Games' prequel's intriguing premise

It starts with Colbert, bringing his own comedic flair to the conversation by humorously questioning the essence of the movie's title, 'Hunger Games: Ballad of Songbirds & Snakes', pondering whether one is a songbird or a snake and seeking clarity on the distinction.

Dinklage, in his characteristically witty style, responded, "I'm not sure. My character is named Highbottom."

When pressed for details about Highbottom's role, Dinklage deadpanned, "He is the dean who created the Hunger Games." Wielding his signature humor, he describes it as "what we call in the trades a prequel. So you don’t need to see the other movies — or perhaps it will inspire you to see the films already made — but he created it, and now the genie’s out of the bottle, and he realizes what he’s done is horrible."

Inadvertently giving birth to the Hunger Games, Highbottom comes to regret his actions, opting to drown his sorrows in intoxication.

Dinklage shared, "He likes to intoxicate himself to cover the pain up."

The Emmy-winning actor spilled the beans on the film's setting, revealing they filmed in Berlin, utilizing its old architecture to create the backdrop. Discussing the iconic fashion of the 'Hunger Games', Dinklage mentioned a "Cold War" twist in the prequel's style, adding a humorous touch to the dystopian world.

From Hollywood parties to bird training

In a surprising turn, Dinklage disclosed a unique way he spent his downtime during filming. "I used to party. I don’t party much anymore," he confessed, leaving Colbert and the audience in chuckles. “[Instead,] I found this park. I would go on my days off whenever the young people were probably partying, and I would train this bird.”

The prequel, set 64 years before the events of the original 'Hunger Games', introduces viewers to a young Coriolanus Snow (Tom Blyth) and his mentorship of District 12 tribute Lucy Gray Baird (Rachel Zegler).

As the two race against time to identify songbirds and snakes, the film promises a thrilling and hilariously reimagined perspective on the dystopian saga.

Tags news