Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'Welcome To Plathville' star Olivia Plath's brother Micah Meggs, 15, who battled cerebral palsy dies in bike accident

2023-05-10 09:53
Olivia Plath posted, 'Hey guys, I'm jumping off of social media for a bit. Don’t worry if you don’t see me around... I’m taking some space now'
'Welcome To Plathville' star Olivia Plath's brother Micah Meggs, 15, who battled cerebral palsy dies in bike accident

MINNEAPOLIS, MINNESOTA: 'Welcome to Plathville' star Olivia Plath revealed that her younger brother, Micah Meggs, died at the age of 15. Olivia married into the Plath family, which includes the parents Barry Plath and Kim Plath, in 2018. Olivia wrote on Instagram that she's "jumping off social media for a bit" to take "some space now" after death of Micah (Not to be mistaken for one of Barry and Kim's sons Micah Plath).

The TLC show has documented all the ups and downs in Olivia's life. However, things changed when Olivia and her husband, Ethan Plath, decided to separate themselves from the reality star's parents. Besides the family drama and all the struggles, the loss of her brother forced Olivia to take time off from social media.

RELATED ARTICLES

'Welcome To Plathville' Season 4: Fans call out Olivia for 'isolating herself' during Plath family outing

'Welcome To Plathville' Season 4: 5 things to know about TLC show on Plath family

How did Olivia Plath's brother Micah Meggs die?

Olivia's younger brother Micah died in a tragic bike accident. Virginia State Police responded to a vehicle versus bicycle crash that resulted in a fatality, as reported by ABC News. The incident took place at around 10 pm on Route 220, a rural road north of Franklin County, Virginia. However, the reality star took to her Instagram Stories and announced her social media hiatus. Olivia wrote, "Hey guys, I'm jumping off of social media for a bit. Don’t worry if you don’t see me around... I’m taking some space now." The TLC personality added, "I lost a younger brother last night to an unexpected accident and I need some clarity and space for grieving.” Olivia continued, "I felt overwhelmed today thinking of all the texts/messages I haven’t answered today." Olivia concluded her statement and said. “So this is the easiest way for me to let everyone know that I’m taking personal/family time."

Who was Micah Meggs?

Micah was Olivia's younger brother and survived by his parents, Don Meggs and Karen Meggs, along with his eight brothers and sisters apart from Olivia, Elijah, Joshua, Elise, Lydia, Sophia, Nathan, Carris and Kirsten. According to an obituary shared by his family and published by Flora Funeral Service, Micah enjoyed spending his time outdoors hunting, fishing, camping and trapping and became a skilled outdoorsman. Additionally, when he was not out, Micah loved to hang out with his siblings and a few close friends. He also used to play practical jokes, share his understated sense of humor and bring laughs to those he loved.

Cerebral Palsy didn't limit Micah Meggs

Olivia's brother had Cerebral Palsy but that never stopped him to enjoy his life. Micah had cerebral palsy due to a brachial plexus injury that "made it difficult for him to do the things he enjoyed so much," according to his obituary. However, Micah never complained about his struggles and didn't "let himself be limited by his disability and continually found ways to pursue his outdoor activities." To honour their beloved son, Micah's family will hold a Celebration of Life on May 11.

Tags news