Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

How old was Tim McGraw when he married Faith Hill? Country singer lauds wife for ensuring he did not die or ruin his career

2023-08-26 15:58
Tim McGraw praised his wife Faith Hill for helping him get sober in 2008
How old was Tim McGraw when he married Faith Hill? Country singer lauds wife for ensuring he did not die or ruin his career

NASHVILLE, TENNESSEE: Tim McGraw, 55, was just 29 years old when he married Faith Hill, whom he credited with making sure his life and career did not end in a trainwreck.

The singer, who received recognition at the 16th annual Academy of Country Music Honors on Wednesday August 23, told the Daily Mail about Hill's immense support that helped him weather obstacles he faced.

When did Faith Hill and Tim McGraw get together?

McGraw and Hill got married on October 6, 1996.

Speaking to Zane Lowe ahead of the release of his album 'Standing Room Only', McGraw said, "I guarantee you, had I not gotten married to Faith at 29 years old."

McGraw continued, "A, I probably would have ran my career into the ground and B, I would have died or ran my career into the ground one or the other. It wouldn't have ever been where it is now."

McGraw became sober in 2008, a transformation he attributed to his wife's steadfast support. He admitted that Hill put up with his behavior, noting, "I was pretty sneaky about it."

McGraw recounted, "When the kids got old enough to notice things is when she finally said, 'You gotta figure this out.'"

Hill, 55, recently posted a social media post accompanied by an image of her husband.

She wrote, "Still after all this time and so many albums, You never cease to amaze me. You are an absolute master of your art. In every way. Congratulations!!!!!! My love. We are so proud of you."

As McGraw and Hill embrace an "empty nest" after their daughters have grown, the couple finds themselves in what McGraw describes as a "second honeymoon."

The couple has three children, Gracie, 26, Maggie, 25, and Audrey, 21. They were reportedly relishing this chapter of their relationship.

McGraw's latest album includes a track titled 'Hello Whiskey', which, although not self-penned, holds significant personal meaning for him. He said, "There's an honesty to it."

Why is Tim McGraw so fit?

McGraw describes his commitment to fitness as therapy. He said, "It clears my head and I actually get a lot of musical ideas, stage ideas, professional ideas , just family ideas, when I'm working out."

Even on tour, the musician maintains his rigorous exercise routine and encourages band members to join, converting these sessions into cathartic group discussions where personal concerns are shared.

McGraw humorously remarked, "What that turns into is a sort of therapy session for all of us,' as everyone shares their own issues."

"We always say on the days we can't work out... we don't feel like our show's as good," he added.

Tags news epcelebs