Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Who is Angie? 'My Big Fat Fabulous Life' star Whitney Thore meets her long-lost half-sister fathered out of wedlock

2023-09-13 08:25
In a new trailer of 'My Big Fat Fabulous Life' Season 11, Whitney Way Thore revealed that she has a half-sister from her father Glenn Thore
Who is Angie? 'My Big Fat Fabulous Life' star Whitney Thore meets her long-lost half-sister fathered out of wedlock

GREENSBORO, NORTH CAROLINA: TLC's 'My Big Fat Fabulous Life' Season 11 new trailer took a surprising turn when Whitney Way Thore mentioned that she had a half-sister, Angie, from her father Glenn Thore. Whitney also reveals that Angie was "a child out of wedlock" as the trailer showed one of her baby pictures.

Angie goes by the full name Angela Burdett. She is Glenn Thore’s long-lost daughter. However, Angie was born way before Glenn got married to Babs.

In the 1960s, Glenn was in the military and while he was posted in Pensacola, he had an affair with an 18-year-old woman named Jackie. She got pregnant back then and had a daughter named Angie, whom she gave up for adoption.

Angie was discovered with the help of Glenn’s sister Karen when she got a DNA test In 2022. Angie is married to Shannon Burdett and has a daughter named Jamie who is about to get married. Recently, Whitney was seen celebrating her niece Jamie’s bachelorette party along with her sister Angie.

The clip gets more interesting when Whitney tags along with her father and brother to visit Angie. "There she is, Dad!" says Whitney with excitement as viewers are shown the backside of a blonde woman walking down a staircase.

As of now, nothing more is known about Angie, hinting that Whitney might have to hold on to the secret a bit more before the new season of 'My Big Fat Fabulous Life' drops.

Internet smells 'deceit' as 'My Big Fat Fabulous Life' Season 11 teases Whitney Way Thore's half-sister

Soon after the release of the 'My Big Fat Fabulous Life' Season 11 trailer, a Reddit user created a thread about the reveal of Whitney Way Thore having a half-sister, and others were quick to reply with their perspectives.

One commented, "Suddenly so casual about having a half sibling when she had a cow finding out about her mother being previously married. I smell some deceit up in here."

Many speculated that the half-sister theory is being brought up only for the sake of the storyline as a user wrote, "This is exactly what bugs me. It’s like we never really get the real story of anything."

"Her life is soooooo fabulous that producers can’t find storylines that don’t involve/invade other people’s lives. Two seasons ago, Frenchman. Last season, Babs. Now, a half sister," stated one, dissing the show.

Another remarked, "Half sister is going to be the season finale. The season after that is 'getting to know' half sister. That's how to grift a series renewal," criticizing the treatment of plotlines on 'My Big Fat Fabulous Life'.

What's to expect from 'My Big Fat Fabulous Life' Season 11?

'My Big Fat Fabulous Life' Season 11 is set to revolve around Whitney Way Thore and her family's life after the death of her mother, Barbara Thore aka Babs.

The trailer starts with Whitney saying, "I don't know how we're going to go on without her," as the reality star gives a heart-wrenching speech on her mother's death. She is especially concerned about her father since Babs' death.

As per the clip, Whitney has come up with a to-do list full of adrenaline-rush activities in order to cheer him up.

TLC's official synopsis of 'My Big Fat Fabulous Life' Season 11 states, "On the all-new season of 'My Big Fat Fabulous Life', watch as Whitney navigates through a whirlwind of unexpected adventures and surprises! From meeting her long-lost sister to diving headfirst back into the unpredictable world of dating, there's no telling what will happen next."

How long was 'My Big Fat Fabulous Life' star Glenn Thore married to Barbara ‘Babs’ Thore?

Glenn and Babs Thore tied the knot on August 6, 1977. The couple was happily married for 45 years. The chemistry between the couple was visible on TLC’s 'My Big Fat Fabulous Life'.

Later, Babs died at the age of 76 because of cerebral amyloid angiopathy. Glenn was seen supporting Babs throughout her illness. He was left shattered after Babs left his side. Thankfully, their children Whitney and Hunter were there to help Glenn find reasons to live after his wife’s death.

Who are 'My Big Fat Fabulous Life' star Glenn Thore’s children?

Glenn Thore had two children with his late wife Babs -- Whitney and Hunter. Whitney was born in April 1984, while Hunter, who is 38, was born in February 1985.

It’s recently been revealed that Glenn has one more daughter named Angie aka Angela Burdett. She was born in 1968. Glenn had Angie with his ex-love interest Jackie whom he met in Pensacola, Florida.

New episodes of 'My Big Fat Fabulous Life' Season 11 are released on Tuesdays at 10 pm ET on TLC.