Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Britney Spears set to get $20K-a-month richer as son Preston about to turn 18

2023-09-05 15:53
Britney Spears has been estranged from her two sons, Preston, 17, and Jayden, 16, for more than a year
Britney Spears set to get $20K-a-month richer as son Preston about to turn 18

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Britney Spears is all set to get richer at least by $20,000 a month as her elder son Sean Preston is turning 18 on September 14.

Sources close to Britney Spears revealed that the ‘Oops. I did it again’ singer is relieved that she no longer has to pay a part of Preston's child support to her former husband Kevin Federline.

A source close to the singer revealed to Daily Mail, “Britney is relieved that Sean is turning 18 on September 14 because she is tired of paying Kevin the insane amount of money he is getting.”

While the pop star has been estranged from her two sons, Preston, 17, and Jayden, 16, for more than a year. The source added, "This would go directly to them after they turn 18 instead of Kevin.” Britney’s friends believe “it's time for Kevin to get a job.”

Britney lost the custody of her two sons owing to her alleged mental health issues. They were placed in sole custody of Federline in 2008.

The songstress was also placed under conservatorship, which ended in November 2021.

What is Britney Spears' net worth?

Per Parade, the superstar singer's net worth is valued at $60 million in 2023. While she is not actively releasing music for a while, Britney is gearing up for the release of her memoir 'The Woman in Me' by the end of 2023.

What is Kevin Federline's net worth?

The American DJ is approximately worth $1.5 million, per Celebrity Net Worth, which makes him more reliant on his songstress ex-wife to support their two children.

Britney Spears and Kevin Federline's custody battle

The custody of Spears' two sons has always been a bone of contention for the estranged couple. During the time of divorce, Britney asked for the sole custody of her two sons.

However, when their divorce was finalized in June 2007, they got a 50/50 custody. But in October 2007, a judge gave temporary sole custody to Federline considering Britney’s “habitual, frequent and continuous use of controlled substances and alcohol” at the time, per Stylecaster.

After she was put under conservatorship, Federline got the sole custody. However, they later agreed on a 50/50 custody, which remained in place until 2019, when an altercation between Federline and Britney's father brought it down to 30% for Britney.

Jayden wanted Britney to ‘get better mentally’

In September 2022, just before their birthdays, Jayden and Preston spoke to ITV News where in an explosive interview, the pop star’s younger son talked about the “time and effort” required to repair the relationship between Britney and the two brothers.

Jayden, who himself asked for the interview, said that he hoped the relationship between them would be better. It is to be noted that the ‘Toxic’ singer has been estranged from her two sons for more than a year.

However, during the September 2022 interview, Jayden said, "I 100% think this can be fixed of course,” before adding, “It's just going to take a lot of time and effort... I really want to see her again."

Reflecting on their safe haven with Federline, Jayden said, "We've both been through so much pressure in the past that this is our safe place now, to process all the emotional trauma we've been through to heal, heal our mental state."

Jayden also added that the brothers did not attend their superstar mother’s June 2022 wedding with her now estranged husband Sam Asghari as they were unsure how the situation would have turned out.

He said, “She didn't invite the whole family and then if it was just going to be me and Preston, I just don't see how that situation would have ended on good terms.”

The then 15-year-old added that he wanted their mother “to get better mentally,” saying, “When she gets better, I really want to see her again.”

He also opined that Britney’s father Jamie Spears, who received a lot of flak from netizens because of the conservatorship, “doesn't deserve all the hatred he is getting in the media.”

Jayden added, “I love him, with all my heart. He was just trying to be a father.”

Jayden also spoke about Britney’s social media obsession, saying, “It’s like almost as if she has to put something on Instagram to get attention." He added, "This has gone on for years and years and years, and there’s a high chance that this is never going to really stop, but I’m hoping for me, maybe she will."

Britney responds to sons' claims

Britney Spears replied on Instagram by writing a long post.

“It deeply saddens me to know his outcry of saying I wasn’t up to his expectations of a mother,” she said. “If you could pause for a second, remember where you came from!!! I hope you can look in the mirror and remember... You are my child and always will be!!!”

Noting that she would have loved “nothing more than to see you two face to face,” Britney shaded Federline saying he “hasn’t had a job in 15 years” and smokes weed “every day,” per BuzzFeed News.

She also posted a clip that has now been deleted from Instagram. The Grammy-winning songstress started by saying, “I can totally understand why my family would have a problem with me doing my own thing. Maybe because I never have.”

She said, “So, Jayden, as you undermine my behavior just like my whole family always has with, ‘I hope she gets better, I will pray for her,’” before asking,“Pray for what?”

Britney continued, “I keep working so I can pay off mom’s legal fees and her house? Do you guys want me to continue to get better so I can continue giving your dad 40 grand a month?”

“Or is the reason you guys have decided to be hateful is that it’s actually over in two years and you don’t get anything?” she questioned.