Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'The Witcher' Season 3: Mecia Simson isn't worried about Henry Cavill's exit as show has 'many elements'

2023-06-20 13:22
'Of course it's sad [he's leaving], but, honestly, I don't think it's going to affect the show that much,' said Mecia Simson about Cavill's departure
'The Witcher' Season 3: Mecia Simson isn't worried about Henry Cavill's exit as show has 'many elements'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: There has been constant speculation over how 'The Witcher' series will fare once Henry Cavill's journey as 'Geralt of Rivia' comes to an end. Given that Season 3 will be his last appearance on the show, fans are teary-eyed over what will be his final swan song as Geralt.

While fans may have a hard time accepting the presence of Liam Hemsworth in Season 4, there is one cast member who believes that Henry's departure won't affect the series' future overall even though he will be missed. Mecia Simson, who played the character of Francesca Findabair, shared her opinion with fans who believe the opposite.

Will Henry Cavill's departure really affect 'The Witcher'?

Fans believe that Henry's departure from the show will severely affect its future because they have already 'rejected' Liam Hemsworth's Geralt. Furthemore, with AI images of Liam playing Geralt not making a favourable impression as it makes the rounds on the Internet, there is a possibility Season 4 will have to fight the tide of intense fan disapproval — an anomaly for any show that has already delivered three strong seasons.

At the same time, Mecia feels that while it might be reasonable to be shocked by the recasting news, it would not affect the show in long run. As per Movieweb, Simson said, "I think the show is still going to be great and I feel like we're grateful that we had the time that we did when we had him. Of course it's sad, but, honestly, I don't think it's going to affect the show that much'. She further continued by saying, "[I] feel like the show is so big and there's so many elements to it that — I just feel like everything is going to be okay. It'll be a nice transition and I think [Hemsworth] is going to do an amazing job." Simson has faith that Liam will do such a good job of playing Geralt of Rivia and will impress fans and allow them to re-immerse themselves in the show despite the recasting.

The future of 'The Witcher'

With the original plan of seven seasons being wrecked by Henry's disappointment over the directional course undertaken by the show and his subsequent exit, the exact future of the show beyond Season 5 has not been determined yet.

The audience reaction to Season 4 will eventually determine the future of 'The Witcher'. However, there is a strong possibility that the show might not be continued after Season 5 and Netflix won't hesitate to cancel the show if it does not perform as per their expectations.