Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Why did Amanda Seyfried and Justin Long break up? ‘The Crowded Room’ star wanted to start a family

2023-06-07 18:27
Amanda will be soon seen playing the role of Rya Goodwin in Tom Holland’s ‘The Crowded Room’, which will air on June 9
Why did Amanda Seyfried and Justin Long break up? ‘The Crowded Room’ star wanted to start a family

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Over the years, Amanda Seyfried has nurtured a dynamic career, with a diverse spectrum of roles in different genres. The Oscar-nominated actor found her breakout role in ‘Mean Girls’ and has since given many phenomenal performances in blockbusters including ‘Chloe’, ‘Fathers and Daughters’, and ‘Ted 2’ among many more. Next, she will be seen playing the role of Rya Goodwin in Tom Holland’s ‘The Crowded Room’, which will air on June 9.

Reflecting on the role and experience, Seyfried recently revealed that she drew strength from her husband Thomas Sadoski on the set of 'The Crowded Room’. “It was actually really nice. Because it was in the beginning when I was a little insecure. I felt like it was always nice to check in with him and see if I was doing a good job. And that was really nice,” she told Page Six. Seyfried and the ‘Newsroom’ alum secretly tied the knot in March 2017 while the actress was nine months pregnant with their daughter, Nina. Before Sadoski, Amanda was romantically involved with Justin Long.

How Amanda Seyfried and Justin Long first met?

The ‘Mean Girl’ star first met Long through mutual friends a few years before they became a couple in the summer of 2013. And like so many millennials, Seyfried and Long fell for each other on social media. In a 2015 interview with Vogue, Amanda described how Long won her over, saying “I followed him on Instagram, and I thought something he said was really funny,” “It was a beautiful picture of a snail, and the caption said, ‘Fucking MOOOOOOOOVE.’ It made me laugh out loud, so I texted him.”

From that point on, Seyfried and Long appeared inseparable. The two were first spotted getting "cozy" at the Lovelace after-party in July 2013. Later, Amanda confessed to Vogue that her connection with Justin "felt right." “I really do have my own identity, both inside and outside the relationship, if that makes any sense,” she said, adding “It just feels right. It’s also really good to feel OK being alone.” She also claimed that one of the reasons why she fell for Justin was the fact that he was a family man. During their time together, the couple made many public appearances, including their memorable appearance at the 2015 Met Gala.

Why Amanda Seyfried and Justin Long broke up

Seyfried and Long’s relationship was going smoothly until a wave of realization struck it and they decided to call it off in September 2015. As per reports, after two years of dating, Seyfried realized that she wanted to get married and have a family but Justin absolutely did not want it. However, she told Vogue that it was her intense work schedule that stopped the two of them from continuing their two-year-long relationship.

Following their break-up, the couple soon moved on and Seyfried began officially dating her 'The Way We Get By' costar Thomas Sadoski in March 2016. Seyfried and Sadoski were enjoying their happy marriage in 2019 when she and Long became victims of an infamous private photo leak. A hacker posted a lot of Amanda's personal images online, including some really private ones of her and Justin on a paddleboard in the middle of the ocean. Her lawyers at that time noted that the photos feature Seyfried "either in various states of nudity" or "in intimate moments with her former boyfriend," and were meant to be private.

"These photographs are believed to have been leaked, i.e., wrongfully obtained by a third party or parties without Ms. Seyfried's knowledge or consent," the attorney wrote in a letter obtained by TMZ. "Your unauthorized use and distribution of the Seyfried Photographs constitute, at a minimum, copyright infringement, violation of Ms. Seyfried’s right of privacy under applicable law, and tortious conduct under state and common law," it continued. After major legal steps, the private photos were taken down from the internet. Currently, the former couple are enjoying their separate life. While Seyfried is married to Sadoski, Long is also enjoying marital bliss with his wife, Kate Bosworth. The couple wed in May 2023 at the Rockaway Hotel in New York City’s Queens, just a few months after starting dating.

Tags news epcelebs