Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Every surprise song Taylor Swift has performed on 'The Eras Tour' (so far)

2023-05-08 23:49
Nineteen nights of The Eras Tour and only one surprise Reputation song! In case you
Every surprise song Taylor Swift has performed on 'The Eras Tour' (so far)

Nineteen nights of The Eras Tour and only one surprise Reputation song!

In case you haven't heard yet, Swift adds two surprise songs to her Eras Tour setlist each night, to keep things fresh and fans on their toes. To announce this gimmick on the opening night of the tour Swift said, "The plan, the goal, would be to play different songs every single night and never repeat one. Right? So that when you heard one on this tour, you would know it's the only time that I was going to play it in the acoustic set, unless — caveat — unless I mess it up so badly," she added, "that I have to do it over again in some other city. Send your best wishes towards me that I don't do that."

SEE ALSO: Twitter ponders the meaning of love after Taylor Swift and Joe Alwyn's split

The thing is: The Eras Tour setlist is already 44 songs deep, so we wouldn't blame her if she lost track (and preferably played "Death By A Thousand Cuts" again). Here are all the surprise songs she's performed so far, which we'll continue to update throughout the tour.

State Farm Stadium in Glendale, Arizona (March 17,2023)

"Mirrorball," Folklore

"Tim McGraw," Taylor Swift

Fans who didn't attend opening night of The Eras Tour seethed with envy when they found out that "Mirrorball" wasn't officially on the setlist. It's one of several Folklore songs that deeply resonates with fans and its live debut was highly anticipated. Before she sang "Mirrorball," she explained her choice: "I was trying to think of sort of an eloquent way to say that I love you and I need your attention all the time, and I came up with 'I'm a mirrorball.'" And her 44-song setlist certainly confirmed that she is indeed "still trying everything / to get you looking at me."

In a tender full-circle moment, Swift performed the song that started it all, "Tim McGraw." "I was thinking about tonight and how special this is, so I thought it might be kind of fun to play the very first song I ever put out," she told the crowd. Some newer fans weren't familiar with her debut single, stirring typical fandom infighting. "Tim McGraw" was the only song off her first album, Taylor Swift, performed at night one in Arizona.

State Farm Stadium in Glendale, Arizona (March 18, 2023)

"This Is Me Trying," Folklore

"State Of Grace," Red

Arizona was home to another Folklore heater, "This Is Me Trying." "Mirrorball"'s despondent twin moved fans to tears, and, of course, caused hysteria over the fact she played one of her heaviest hitters on night two. She rounded the surprise portion of the show with a piano ballad rendition of "State Of Grace."

Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas, Nevada (March 24, 2023)

"Our Song," Taylor Swift

"Snow On The Beach," Midnights

Per the request of opener Beabadoobee, Swift played an old classic, "Our Song," at Vegas night one. She introduced the song by saying, "So this is a song I wrote for my ninth grade talent show. It’s called 'Our Song.'" In celebration of the release of Lana Del Rey's album, Did You Know That There’s a Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd, Swift sang "Snow On The Beach," a track that features Del Rey. "Lana Del Rey put out a new album... Guys, it’s so good. You probably already know that, but it’s just extraordinary. I just think she’s the best that we have. I think we need to make it a priority as a group to stream, buy, support this album and this artist," she urged the crowd.

Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas, Nevada (March 25, 2023)

"Cowboy Like Me" (with Marcus Mumford), Evermore

"White Horse," Fearless

Drumroll please: Vegas saw the first surprise guest of The Eras Tour, Marcus Mumford! He joined Swift to perform "Cowboy Like Me." After fans mercilessly teased Swift for not showing Evermore as much love as Folklore, they were delighted to see Evermore get some extra air time. She kept the country vibes going with Fearless track five, "White Horse."

AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas (March 31, 2023)

"Sad Beautiful Tragic," Red

"Ours," Speak Now

Congratulations to Speak Now fans. Swift has now officially performed two tracks off her second album on The Eras Tour. Before she sang "Sad Beautiful Tragic," she declared, "I love this one. When I love a song, I don’t care what anyone says." It should also be noted that Swift switched out "Invisible String" for "The One," on the setlist, something fans paid very close attention to after her breakup with British actor Joe Alwyn was reported.

AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas (April 1, 2023)

"Death By A Thousand Cuts," Lover

"Clean," 1989

Perhaps the most stacked night thus far, Swift played two of her most celebrated and devastating tracks during night two in Arlington: "Death By A Thousand Cuts" and "Clean." After reports of Swift's split from Alwyn made the rounds, fans speculated that performing two of her most iconic heartbreak ballads all but confirmed the couple's breakup.

AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas (April 2, 2023)

"Jump Then Fall," Fearless

"The Lucky One," Red

Arlington got two more classics in "Jump Then Fall" and "The Lucky One." She introduced "The Lucky One" — a song rumored to be inspired by one of her heroes, Joni Mitchell — by saying she fell in love with the track all over again when she rerecorded it for Red (Taylor's Version).

Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, Florida (April 13, 2023)

"Speak Now," Speak Now

"Treacherous," Red

Since the breakup news had kinda, sorta been confirmed by sources close to Swift by this point, Swifties were at the edge of their seat to see which songs Swift would perform in Florida. Hoping for clues into Swift and Alwyn's ill-fated romance, fans were disappointed that she didn't sing any of the many songs about Alwyn. However, she did fuel the rumor that Speak Now is the next re-recorded album she'll release. She said, "I've been thinking a lot about one of my albums recently. One of my albums has been on my mind a lot... lots going on in my brain about it. So I thought I might play the title track of that album."

Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, Florida (April 14, 2023)

"The Great War" (with Aaron Dessner), Midnights (3am Edition)

"You're On Your Own, Kid," Midnights

Surprise guest number two! Swift's Folklore, Evermore, and Midnights collaborator Aaron Dessner, of The National, joined Swift for her second night in Tampa. Attendees were blessed with Swift's first live performances of Midnights (3am Edition) faves "The Great War" and track five "You're On Your Own, Kid." She proclaimed that Dessner is her "collaborator version of a soulmate."

Before singing "The Great War," she referenced the fans' own great war against Ticketmaster: "This song really took on a new meaning when you guys made enough jokes about how you trying to get tickets for this tour felt like surviving the great war."

Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, Florida (April 15, 2023)

"Mad Woman" (with Aaron Dessner), Folklore

"Mean," Speak Now

Tampa night three certainly had a theme! Sitting on the piano bench with her bestie Dessner, Swift introduced "Mad Woman," saying, "We wrote this song that I really love because it allowed me to get a lot off my chest, and now we’re gonna sing it for you — because who doesn't love a mad woman?" She followed it up with a song fans could sing along with, too: "Mean."

NRG Stadium in Houston, Texas (April 21, 2023)

"Wonderland," 1989

"You're Not Sorry," Fearless

Swift started Houston night one off strong with "Wonderland" and "You're Not Sorry." To introduce the 1989 bonus track, Swift told the crowd, "I kinda based it off a twisted Alice in Wonderland. I'm insane truly." Before beginning "You're Not Sorry," Swift thanked fans for their support for her re-recorded albums.

NRG Stadium in Houston, Texas (April 22, 2023)

"A Place In This World," Taylor Swift

"Today Was A Fairytale," Fearless

Houston night two was for the day one fans. Before she sang, "A Place In This World," Swift explained, "This is a song that I wrote when I was 13... I'm sure I related to it when I wrote it, but I think I relate to it more now 20 years later." She stayed sentimental with her introduction for, "Today Was A Fairytale," "I want to play this song because you make every day on this tour feel like a fairytale."

Swiftie sleuths noticed both songs are on movie soundtracks, Romona and Beezus and Valentine's Day, respectfully. Fans think the choices hint at a forthcoming music video.

NRG Stadium in Houston, Texas (April 23, 2023)

"Begin Again," Red

"Cold As You," Taylor Swift

On a Sunday in a stadium, fans watched Swift "Begin Again." She performed the hopeful Red number with "Cold As You." In reference to her debut album, Swift announced, "No shade to the other songs on that album, but I do think 'Cold As You' is the best." And she's right!

Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta, Georgia (April 28, 2023)

"The Other Side Of The Door," Fearless

"Coney Island," Evermore

The first night of The Eras Tour in Atlanta got not one, but two live debuts! Swifties waited fifteen years to hear "The Other Side Of The Door" live and with the way fans sang along, you could tell. Swift interrupted her performance of "The Other Side Of The Door," to say, "Oh my god you know this one." Obviously!

She dedicated "Coney Island," a song featuring The National, to the band in celebration of their new album, First Two Pages of Frankenstein. Swift features on The National's new song "The Alcott."

Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta, Georgia (April 29, 2023)

"High Infidelity," Midnights (3am Edition)

"Gorgeous," Reputation

Where was Swift on April 29th? In Atlanta, Georgia performing "High Infidelity," of course. While sitting at the piano, Swift remarked, "I've been made aware that there are actually people keeping track of the songs I'm doing." Yes, there are.

Swift blessed Atlanta's ears with the first surprise Reputation song. To explain the lack of Reputation love she said, "I've been made aware that I haven't played anything from Reputation. It wasn't for any reason. I just think of it as my most metal album, so harder to do acoustic." The Reputation song in question was absolute banger, "Gorgeous," which Swift described as, "a song about the universal fact that you will act stupid around someone you think is hot." But fear not "Gorgeous" heads, she messed up making it eligible for a second performance.

Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta, Georgia (April 29, 2023)

"I Bet You Think About Me," Red (From The Vault)

"How You Get The Girl," 1989

Swift dug into her vault tracks for the first time on The Eras Tour with "I Bet You Think About Me." She also sang the fan-favorite 1989 track, "How You Get The Girl." Consider me jealous.

Nissan Stadium in Nashville, Tennessee (May 5, 2023)

"Sparks Fly," Speak Now

"Teardrops On My Guitar," Taylor Swift

Nashville night one will go down in Swiftie history. In the portion of the show typically devoted to introducing her surprise songs Swift coyly said, "There's a different reason that I'm really excited about this part of the set tonight. Because I've been planning something for a while." And then did what fans have all been waiting for and announced Speak Now (Taylor's Version) out July 7. To celebrate the reveal, she sang the dazzling Speak Now hit, "Sparks Fly." Swift continued to pull on fans' heartstrings with one of her first songs, "Teardrops On My Guitar."

If you weren't jealous enough, She added the devastating Red vault track "Nothing New" to the setlist and Phoebe Bridgers joined her for its live debut. And Lucy Dacus and Julien Baker performed Boygenius track "Not Strong Enough," with Bridgers' during her opening set.

Nissan Stadium in Nashville, Tennessee (May 6, 2023)

"Out Of The Woods," 1989

"Fifteen," Fearless

Swift kicked things off with crowd-pleaser and 1989 banger, "Out Of The Woods." She dedicated "Fifteen," to her "beautiful, red-headed, high school best friend, Abigail," who attended the show. Swift changed the bridge to, "Abigail gave everything she had to a boy and we both cried, but that's all right." Oh to sing along to "Fifteen" with Abigail on The Eras Tour.

For those following Phoebe Bridger's opening hijinks, once again her fellow members of Boygenius joined her for a portion of her set and The 1975 frontman, Matty Healy, also donned a skeleton onesie to play backing guitar for her.

Nissan Stadium in Nashville, Tennessee (May 7, 2023)

"Would've, Could've, Should've" (with Aaron Dessner), Midnights (3am Edition)

"Mine," Speak Now

After a four-hour delay due to lightning, Swift brought Aaron Dessner out to play "Would've, Could've, Should've," a.k.a the "Dear John" of Midnights (3am Edition). To introduce the melancholic anthem, Swift said, "We get requests to play this one all the time, so we figured we would wait until there was a really special moment to play it. You guys have really earned it. This is a song about looking back at your life and thinking about stuff you wish you would've, could've, should've done."

She followed up with "Mine," the beloved radio hit from Speak Now. Sitting at the piano, Swift reflected on rerecording Speak Now. She said, "It's crazy to go back and listen to these songs that were fantasy but now feel relatable to me." Nashville just might have gotten the best batch of surprise songs yet!

This article will be updated as Taylor continues The Eras Tour.

Tags epcelebs