Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'The View' star Alyssa Farah Griffin's 'CNN buddy' Elie Honig makes surprise appearance on show as co-hosts question him

2023-08-03 14:53
'Can we just ask Elie if Trump will go to jail?' asked Joy Behar as she looked at Honig in the audience
'The View' star Alyssa Farah Griffin's 'CNN buddy' Elie Honig makes surprise appearance on show as co-hosts question him

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: ‘The View’ launched a new segment called ‘The ladies get lit’ which has now come to an end with Alyssa Farah Griffin. This segment was all about the co-hosts recommending some of their favorite books before the show goes on hiatus, prior to Season 27. Griffin’s pick on ‘The View’ also came with a cameo from the author, Elie Honig.

Although Honig didn’t appear as a celebrity guest or come on to the stage, he still managed to have a little conversation with the co-hosts as Joy Behar badgered him about Donald Trump. Honig also got a chance to promote his book, ‘Untouchable: How Powerful People Get Away With It'.

Elie Honig makes an appearance!

Griffin took the stage on Wednesday to talk about her pick, “So my first book is Untouchable – how powerful people get away with It, written by my dear friend, Elie Honig, who is the audience today.” The camera panned to Honig, whom Griffin introduced as CNN’s senior legal analyst. Griffin continued, “I picked this book, it came out in January of 2023, but one of the most common questions that I get when we talk about the law on the show is – how do people like Trump, or how do the rich and powerful seem to get away with it, there just doesn’t seem to be the same accountability that the average Joe has, and this book explains the methodology of why it’s tough to nail these people down.” After Griffin “highly recommends” Honig’s book and began to move on to the next recommendation, Behar interrupted her.

‘I’ll take that bet’

“Can we just ask Elie if Trump will go to jail?” asked Behar as she looked at Honig in the audience. Honig looked slightly surprised as he stumbled through his words and said, “No, sorry, but no. Doesn’t mean he won’t be convicted but I don’t believe he will go to jail, certainly not before the election, if you’re counting on that.” Hostin intervened, “I’ll take that bet, Elie.” This time, Honig was quick to respond, “Okay, I know you have one with Alyssa, I’ll double on it.” As Griffin tried to move on, Behar interrupted her once again, still stuck on Trump, “So he’s going to slide again.” Honig, Hostin, and Behar all get into a conversation as Goldberg promoted Griffin, “What’s your other book?” Finally, Griffin moved on to her next book.

‘My CNN buddy’

Griffin also took to Instagram after the segment and posted a picture with Honig on set. Griffin captioned the post, “Look who made an impromptu guest appearance on @theviewabc! My @cnn buddy @eliehonig. I featured his book Untouchable: How Powerful People Get Away With It as one of my summer must-reads. Naturally we put him in the hot seat for some legal analysis! Check out his book 📖.”