Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Where is Kate Haralson now? 19-yr-old outed Matthew Perry on Raya and caused break-up with Molly Hurwitz

2023-11-01 16:58
Renowned actor Matthew Perry's sudden and tragic death in Los Angeles has left his ex-fiancée, Molly Hurwitz, heartbroken
Where is Kate Haralson now? 19-yr-old outed Matthew Perry on Raya and caused break-up with Molly Hurwitz

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Matthew Perry's engagement to ex-fiancée Molly Hurwitz came to an end after a 19-year-old TikToker named Kate Haralson publicly shared a video in 2021 of the 'Friends' star flirting with her on the Raya dating app. Haralson appears to have since moved on from the scandal and continues to post on social media.

The sudden and tragic death of Perry has left Hurwitz, "heartbroken," sources close to the literary manager revealed. She had hoped for a lasting and stable relationship with the 'Friends' star, only to see it crumble.

A twisted turn of events

The pair's romantic journey began in 2018 when they were first romantically linked. Their relationship eventually led to an engagement in November 2020.

Despite their initial promise, their relationship took a dramatic turn in the summer of 2021, with allegations that Perry had messaged a 19-year-old on the exclusive dating app, Raya.

According to an insider who spoke to the Daily Mail, Hurwitz is devastated by Perry's untimely demise.

The source stated, "She loved him, and just like anyone else would feel in her instance, wishes things would have been different."

The insider also highlighted Perry's desire for a stable, enduring relationship, which he seemed unable to maintain. "Matthew claimed he wanted this family and to be loved forever by one woman, but he had that with her until he threw it away."

Their relationship unraveled when footage of Perry engaging in a flirtatious exchange with the 19-year-old TikTok user known as Kate Haralson was exposed online.

Haralson shared a video in May 2021, where Perry could be seen engaging in a game of "20 questions" with her via FaceTime after they matched on Raya.

Haralson claimed she was subsequently banned from the elite dating app for violating its privacy rules. The app's "Removal of a Member" section emphasizes the importance of respect, trust, and privacy.

In an interview with Page Six, Haralson revealed that she had set her preferences to match with older men on Raya "for the joke of it."

However, she began to feel uncomfortable when Perry discussed their significant age gap, asking her point-blank, "Am I as old as your dad?" While Haralson never met Perry in person, she claimed that he once suggested she get a Covide test and visit him.

Despite some backlash, Haralson defended her decision to share the FaceTime conversation with Perry on TikTok.

She stated, "A lot of people were saying I'm a bully and mean for posting this, and it made me feel kind of bad, but at the same time, I feel like a lot of guys in Hollywood are talking to all these young girls, and it's something that I think a lot of people should be aware of."

The breaking point

Haralson's leak ultimately led to the end of Perry and Hurwitz's relationship. "She caught him talking to a teenage girl on a dating website and he became defensive," the insider said.

"Their split was not amicable, but Molly doesn’t blame him, nor does she harbor any negative feelings."

Perry himself confirmed their breakup, stating, "Sometimes things just don't work out, and this is one of them. I wish Molly the best."

Hurwitz took to Instagram to post a poignant tribute to her ex-fiancée. She praised Perry's talent and remembered how he "rediscovered his brilliance" as they re-watched 'Friends' ahead of the 2021 reunion.

"While I loved him deeper than I could comprehend, he was complicated, and he caused pain like I’d never known," she wrote.

"No one in my adult life has had a more profound impact on me than Matthew Langford Perry. I have tremendous gratitude for that, for everything I learned from our relationship."

Matthew Perry, known for his iconic role as Chandler Bing in the '90s sitcom 'Friends', was found dead at his Los Angeles home on Saturday, October 28. Emergency crews responded to a call around 4 p.m. local time.

Perry had reportedly played a two-hour game of Pickleball earlier in the day before sending his assistant out to run errands. The actor was found unresponsive in his hot tub when they returned.

Tags news