Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'Women have very different chapters in their lives': Gwyneth Paltrow gets candid on why she left acting

2023-10-20 04:48
Gwyneth Paltrow shares her daughter Apple, 19, and her son Moses, 17, with ex-husband Chris Martin
'Women have very different chapters in their lives': Gwyneth Paltrow gets candid on why she left acting

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Gwyneth Paltrow has opened up on why she decided to leave behind her acting career.

The 51-year-old actress shed light on her decision during a Q&A at the launch event for good.clean.goop where she stated how she sacrificed one dream she wanted for so long to pursue a new one.

She said, "I think we should all give ourselves the permission to do that."

"I think especially women have very different chapters in their lives and I think we should feel free to lean into whatever incarnation comes with the next chapter. For me, it was a couple of things. Once I had Apple, I really didn't want to fly off and go [on] location and I wanted to be home," she added.

Gwyneth Paltrow wasn't sure if she wanted to continue acting

"I wanted to and I was really lucky that I was able to do that and take this pause and be home and have my little kids," she said, according to People.

"And then I had this voice inside me. 'I don't know if I really want to go back to doing that. And then it gave me a bit of a crisis, well then what does that mean about me and who am I if I'm not, am I worth anything? It was very confusing," she continued.

The Academy Award winner shares her daughter Apple, 19, and her son Moses, 17, with ex-husband Chris Martin.

Gwyneth Paltrow shared her thoughts on repo baby culture

The 'Shakespeare in Love' star revealed what she really thinks about nepo baby culture while speaking to Bustle earlier this week.

She explained why she thinks the term isn't fair. "Now there's this whole nepo baby culture, and judgment that exists around kids of famous people," Paltrow began.

"She's really just a student, and she's been very...She just wants to be a kid and be at school and learn," the mother-of-two said of daughter Apple.

"But there's nothing wrong with doing or wanting to do what your parents do," she added.

"Nobody rips on a kid who's like, 'I want to be a doctor like my dad and granddad.' The truth is if you grow up in a house with a lot of artists and people making art and music, that's what you know, the same way that if you grow up in a house of law, the discussions around the table are about the nuances of whatever particular law the parents practice," she continued.

"I think it's kind of an ugly moniker. I just hope that my children always feel free to pursue exactly what they want to do, irrespective of what anybody's going to think or say," Paltrow explained.

Tags news